Aricept

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Mum has been on Aricept for 3 weeks. She took it for the first 2 weeks without a problem. This week she keeps forgetting. The leaflet that came with it said to take at bedtime. I can give it to her between 17.00 - 18.00. Can anyone advise if there would be any adverse affects from taking it earlier? I did ring the memory clinic but there was no one available to answer my question or to ring me back. My take is that will be better for her to have it regularly, albeit earlier than advised, rather than keep missing doses. Hoping you lovely people can advise x

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Some people take it in the morning, so no, I don't think it matters much. It's much more important to give it to her regularly.

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Some people take it in the morning, so no, I don't think it matters much. It's much more important to give it to her regularly.

Thanks Beate! Her consumption has been somewhat erratic! I think she has doubled up on a couple of days. Not a worry as she was on the initial 5mg. About to go onto 10mg. I will give it to her at teatime from now on

tatty

Oct 14, 2015
Mil has had aricept for a month on 5mg , memory nurse suggested morning as that is when MiL takes her other meds or late afternoon as nurse was of the opinion that some people find it difficult to settle if taken at night, however she did say once on full 10mg dose if more than a couple of days missed then patient has to go down to 5mg dose to reduce potential side effects. MIl seems fine with taking in morning, just making sure she takes ANY meds is the challenge:D

jknight

Oct 23, 2015
Hampshire
Mil has had aricept for a month on 5mg , memory nurse suggested morning as that is when MiL takes her other meds or late afternoon as nurse was of the opinion that some people find it difficult to settle if taken at night, however she did say once on full 10mg dose if more than a couple of days missed then patient has to go down to 5mg dose to reduce potential side effects. MIl seems fine with taking in morning, just making sure she takes ANY meds is the challenge:D

Thanks Tatty! Mum has been OK with meds until recently. Will try and fit in with her other meds x