1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. janjan

janjan Registered User

Jan 27, 2006
    Birmingham
    Dad's going to be assessed tomorow for his memory. He is in the late stages of AZ. I'm a bit concerned they might take him off his aricept tablets. He won't get 1 question right as he even has a trouble reconising me now. Some days i know he doesn't, but i pretend he has cause it breakes my heart. If he is taken off them, how will this affect him? :confused: Janet :confused:

2. Norman

Norman Registered User

Oct 9, 2003
    Birmingham Hades
    Hi Janjan
    some consultants use their own observations apart from the memory tests,so don't worry yet.
    Although Dad does not know the answers it does not have too mean that he will automatically taken of Aricept.
    Regards
    Norman

3. janjan

janjan Registered User

Jan 27, 2006
    Birmingham
    Because dad was diognised with AZ with possible LB and slight parkinsons, he was able to keep him on his aricept. Apparently if it was on his notes just AZ he would of have to take him off them. So mom and i was pleased with the outcome, as i think this will help with his mobility in his late stages of AZ. :)