Aricept... Side effects?

JoshuaTree

Jan 2, 2010
Surrey
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other side effects of Aricept apart from nausea?
Mum is not having any sickness at all, but is complaining of having to clear her throat all the time.
The doctor told her to take Gaviscon(not sure if that is the spelling)as he thought it may be an acid/reflux irrritation.

CraigC

Mar 21, 2003
London
Hi Joshua,

Dad was on aricept with no side effects, just positive in his case. However, over the years I have seen a small proportion of people on Talking Point reporting stomach problems. The GP is probably giving gaviscon to calm the heart burn etc. I'd ask for more information and how long you can expect this contradiction to last. Here is at thread that discusses side effects. If you run a search (using the link on the green toolbar) on Aricept you will find loads of information advice.

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/showthread.php?t=21245

Kind Regards
Craig

Last edited:

Pheath

Dec 31, 2009
UK
Hi Josh - my dad had no physical side-effects at all from taking Aricept, think everybody tolerates it differently. Pam

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi Josh I been taking Aricept for 10 years there was one side effect in first 12 months but the was sorted and for last 9 years no problems what so ever.

cheers tony