Arguments

alamo

Jan 2, 2015
I hve just spent 45 mins trying to retrieve my oh incontinence pad from the wc and then trying to get him to put on clean pants and a new pad. I have told him he has to put them on to protect our son's furniture but he argues all the time about anything and everything, swears and threatens. All of a sudden he complies with my request. How does anyone deal with this it is driving me mad!

Cinder

Dec 14, 2014
We stole my MIL's undies & replaced them with disposable pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

JayGun

Jun 24, 2013
We stole my MIL's undies & replaced them with disposable pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

We tried that too. MIL made a bonfire of the incontinence pants before sobbing to the neighbours that we were mistreating her and had left her without any underwear and begging them most pathetically to go to Marks and buy her some more.

The neighbours now give me the side eyes when we see them and we're back to a house that smells like a rancid sewer, soiled underwear stuffed everywhere and constant cleaning up of urine and faeces. Her windows must never be opened and lately she keeps the curtains closed too. The house is festering and rank. It makes me gag to breathe what we laughingly call air in there.

This will be the thing that breaks me.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
Try saying " The Doctor says you have to wear them to stop you getting an infection".

Doctors are authoritarian figures, they know what they are talking about therefore he might comply.( so it is thought anyway:rolleyes:) Saying you might damage someone's furntiture is guaranteed a "No I won't" answer.:mad:

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
We tried that too. MIL made a bonfire of the incontinence pants before sobbing to the neighbours that we were mistreating her and had left her without any underwear and begging them most pathetically to go to Marks and buy her some more.

The neighbours now give me the side eyes when we see them and we're back to a house that smells like a rancid sewer, soiled underwear stuffed everywhere and constant cleaning up of urine and faeces. Her windows must never be opened and lately she keeps the curtains closed too. The house is festering and rank. It makes me gag to breathe what we laughingly call air in there.

This will be the thing that breaks me.

I am so sorry, yes I'm worried my mother may be going like this as she had no pants last week, I had to buy and send

alamo

Jan 2, 2015
Try saying " The Doctor says you have to wear them to stop you getting an infection".

Doctors are authoritarian figures, they know what they are talking about therefore he might comply.( so it is thought anyway:rolleyes:) Saying you might damage someone's furntiture is guaranteed a "No I won't" answer.:mad:

I do use that approach when oh has a bath (or not) in the morning quoting the district nurse might be coming. It does work sometimes but as you know everything changes in minutes. Many thanks - alamo