Are you diet conscious?

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
A short time ago a challenge was given to me to come up with a cake for those of you who are on Diets and in the Diet social Group so with out further ado this is what I have come up with, go into my link (Baking, Recipes, Tips from a professional group) and you can copy my recipe:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/group.php?groupid=21

picture.php

Also in the (Easy Recipes for Carer's who want to make simple meals) group you will find a recipe I posted for the diet conscious using fresh broccoli, go into the link and you can copy the recipe

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/group.php?groupid=22

picture.php

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Barry

I've checked out the cake:D Can't believe you've come up with something that looks absolutely delicious and I am going to try it. Mind you I have to lose an inch per week and I don't do 'slithers' of cake I like a 'slab':D

By shortening, do you mean lard or suet? Can shortening be substituted with low fat margerine?

I was so excited I had to post this to you even before I checked out the Brokoli dish so I'm going there right now.

Love

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi Helen,

No don’t confuse LARD or SUET with shortening:eek: as there nothing like it and full of cholesterol,:eek: look in the supermarket dairy and fats section for “Shortening” its wrapped just the same a butter and also in tubs with a well know Sunflower branding!

Best not to play around with the recipe to much or you will cause an in balance of the ingredients, but yes in need be just use all low fat margarine or cholesterol free called polyunsaturated

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Barry

Shortening it is then;) I will be off to the supermarket later and will leave the cake for a day before eating (sounds a bit like torture):eek:

I will report my findings in taste and inches:D

Love

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Hi again Helen,
The strong flour means Bread flour if you look on the packet it will state the attributes of the flour what you need is flour with 12% protein.

My next task is to start writing a guide and tips for some of the ingredients people use in baking as I’m sure they get muddled up and then start to ask themselves why hasn’t my cake turn out right? :eek:

BarryW

Jun 5, 2009
Lincolnshire
Darent go near the cooker

I used to adore cooking but now I dare not go hear the oven or hob for rear of harming myself beacuse I forget what I am doing and my coordination is noew all over the plasce and I burn more that I cook so do you have any super duper salad recipes there.
I miss the fresh pineapple and starfruit and rambutans, Oh the mangoes and Durian fruit mmmmm your so lucky barry to life there. Its such a wonderful place, I have such fond memories of Penang.

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
this is strange

Hi Barry,

Reading your article here I could be describing myself in more ways than one:D

I know just how you feel about going to near the cooker now and yes you can find some recipes for salads etc if you go into our social groups as listed below just click on the first link and the page will open showing you the different (Social groups) of which you could easily become a member just by clicking on the section that says ‘join group’ I maintain two of the groups that I started myself, one on Baking and the other on Customs, cultures and traditions.

But now you have me thinking as you obviously know about this region as you’ve mentioned Penang in Malaysia I quote you:

(I miss the fresh pineapple and star fruit and rambutans, Oh the mangoes and Durian fruit mmmmm you’re so lucky Barry to life there. Its such a wonderful place I have such fond memories of Penang)

How come you have fond memories of Malaysia as I’ve have been there many, many times when I was working and have travelled all round Malaysia by car doing seminars and bakery demonstrations

I would love to know more about your experiences and about yourself and past profession:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968