APPROACHING END WITH MUM : EVERY DAY IS DIFFERENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Oh Jezzer I am sorry to hear this, as Grannie G says, the stress you're under won't be helping.
Thank goodness you had a loving visit with your Mum today, it sounds peaceful and calm, just what you need.
Dogs are wonderful aren't they - Bess must have known there was something not quite right and there was no way she was going to leave her friend's side!

Hope you can have a restful weekend, if there is such a thing for a Carer. xxx
Thanks so much Prudence. Yes, despite mum's inability to speak, it certainly was a loving, peaceful and calm visit. Perhaps we were meant to have no talking. Perhaps mum knew and wanted to keep our time together quiet and reflective. Nobody can read me like mum, even now. As for Bess, she is a sweetheart. She's not my dog but I do love her. Just sitting with her, head rested against me. All that is required of me is to take her to the park, throw her ball, ensure she can have a drink and in return I get her lovely company and a real friendship that has developed between us. She has two devoted owners who give her a loving home and I feel privileged that I am entrusted to take her out for some fun. Take care and Thanks again xxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
@Jezzer
So pleased you went to the GP - even if it did take Bess to persuade you! Good that your heart ‘performed’ for the doc - it wasn’t until mine finally did that I got any treatment. IF you need treatment, it’s generally pills by the way. But that’s in the future....for now I hope you get some rest :) Wimbledon calls?? :cool:
Love, Lindy xx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Thanks Lindy! Bess is looking after me! I'm watching the wheelchair doubles now. Why is this relegated to the outer courts? These guys should be on Centre Court! Incredible play. xxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Hi folks
Had docs appointment this morning but the important issues first. Poor mum has lost her speech again. I was greeted by that gorgeous smile, as were staff popping in and out but, bless her, she was unable to communicate verbally. Strange how her speech comes and goes. So it was a visit of holding hands, kisses, cuddles. There is honestly a palpable feeling of love between us. I'm certain she understands that I know she's struggling and that it's OK to just be together with her drifting in and out of sleep. And that smile appears when her eyes are closed so I hope she's having happy memories or perhaps my dad is around giving her support and telling those silly jokes he used to! He had a tremendous sense of humour. Who knows? There appears to be no distress and I'm focussing on that. Boy, is she thirsty though! Coffee disappeared very quickly as did two tumblers of juice. Good that she's taking on fluids so well at the moment.
Well I have a bit of a health worry at the moment. It's a molehill as opposed to a mountain but here goes. I was diagnosed with an ectopic heartbeat years ago and told nothing serious, just have to live with which I have (er, obviously or I wouldn't be doing this! :rolleyes:). However, since Xmas the missed beats etc have gotten worse and have been daily and ongoing accompanied by dizziness and a throbbing head. Also I've been having very brief blackouts. No warning - I just suddenly hit the deck, take a few seconds to get myself together and I'm OKOK again. Well yesterday it happened when Bess and I were headed to the park. She must have thought Auntie Jan was playing a new game i thought, but when we got to the park she would not leave my side & wasnt interested in running after and fetching her ball. So we sat on the grass and had a "bit of love" as I call it. Those eyes! She's amazing! I digress and am prattling again. While doc was listening to my heart, it duly obliged and performed its circus trick again. Good really as doc could clearly hear it. So blood tests first thing Monday and he's referring me for an ambulatory ecg. My fear about inheriting dad's motor neurone disease can be dismissed as he said it would have presented itself long before now (dad was 42 when we lost him). So there we are. Just have to wait and see.
Weather hotting up. Wishing you all a peaceful weekend although I know so many of you are having a hellish time. I send my love, accompanied by many hugs, to you all and to your loved ones who are so unfairly suffering with this cruel, sadistic disease. Jan x
Jan, darling girl! I am so sorry about this. As though it isn't already one of most difficult times for you. It is good thing that doctor actually heard it sweetheart. Needs sorting. I am so sorry darling. Wonderful to hear about your mum and her smiles and your dad's jokes. all love, here always. Kindred, Geraldinexxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Jan, darling girl! I am so sorry about this. As though it isn't already one of most difficult times for you. It is good thing that doctor actually heard it sweetheart. Needs sorting. I am so sorry darling. Wonderful to hear about your mum and her smiles and your dad's jokes. all love, here always. Kindred, Geraldinexxxx
Thank you my friend. I'm sure all will be well in time. Take care xxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Afternoon all
Well I tuned in for Ladies Final & completely forgot Rafa and Nov (we are on first-name terms ((I wish!!)) are still playing so what a treat but whoever wins will have little time to recover before tomorrow.
Well precious little mum very tired again today but my brother and I were still gifted with That Smile on arrival which cheered us both. Again no speech so G applied lavender hand cream and I helped mum take juice and, again, she was very thirsty The room was comfortable as the fan was set just right. Mum's face relaxed and little smiles kept appearing so it seems she is still in a happy place. I do hope so. Hope things are as well as can be with you my friends. By the way, The Strop Society is having a break today but will resume on Monday. Is that OK with you @yak55 ? As co-founder, I must seek your approval! :D Love to all xxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Afternoon all
Well I tuned in for Ladies Final & completely forgot Rafa and Nov (we are on first-name terms ((I wish!!)) are still playing so what a treat but whoever wins will have little time to recover before tomorrow.
Well precious little mum very tired again today but my brother and I were still gifted with That Smile on arrival which cheered us both. Again no speech so G applied lavender hand cream and I helped mum take juice and, again, she was very thirsty The room was comfortable as the fan was set just right. Mum's face relaxed and little smiles kept appearing so it seems she is still in a happy place. I do hope so. Hope things are as well as can be with you my friends. By the way, The Strop Society is having a break today but will resume on Monday. Is that OK with you @yak55 ? As co-founder, I must seek your approval! :D Love to all xxxx
Oh Wow! What a match. Both guys deserved to win. Now for the Ladies. This afternoon, watching tennis is just what I need right now. Hope all you tennis fans are able to enjoy this xxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Oh Wow! What a match. Both guys deserved to win. Now for the Ladies. This afternoon, watching tennis is just what I need right now. Hope all you tennis fans are able to enjoy this xxx
I agree, fantastic match (the parts I saw, anyway). Have friends for dinner tonight so am poaching salmon, laying the table, washing glasses, making fruit salad etc, as well as keeping an eye on the football :D
Loved the Anderson / Isner match yesterday too.
Now I must wash my hair, so please excuse me!
Enjoy the tennis @Jezzer, you’ve certainly earned a break xx

love.dad.but..

Jan 16, 2014
Kent
I am trying to multi task all the sport this afternoon..the wonderful tennis...radio cricket commentary and now the football. Plus a bit of gardening inbetween when not too hot. Hope you find your mum with that lovely smile again next visit. I remember those moments and dad's dementia tormented expression forgotten for a few precious minutes.

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
I agree, fantastic match (the parts I saw, anyway). Have friends for dinner tonight so am poaching salmon, laying the table, washing glasses, making fruit salad etc, as well as keeping an eye on the football :D
Loved the Anderson / Isner match yesterday too.
Now I must wash my hair, so please excuse me!
Enjoy the tennis @Jezzer, you’ve certainly earned a break xx
Enjoy your evening my friend. With Love xxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
I am trying to multi task all the sport this afternoon..the wonderful tennis...radio cricket commentary and now the football. Plus a bit of gardening inbetween when not too hot. Hope you find your mum with that lovely smile again next visit. I remember those moments and dad's dementia tormented expression forgotten for a few precious minutes.
Thank you so much x .Yes all this good sport at the same time. Pity so much has clashed isn't it? So glad you are able to remember the precious moments. They are a blessed relief amidst the torment. Please don't overdo it in the garden. Take care xx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hi @Jezzer,
Just popping in to say I'm sorry that you have been having problems with your heart. Thank goodness this ectopic beat appeared whilst you were with your doctor and they can now go on to arrange further tests for you. I agree with other posters, the long-term stress of our caring can have awful health effects. We continually swallow and swallow our anxiety and fear and it just has nowhere to go. I do hope they manage to get you sorted, it must be quite scary not knowing whether you are going to flake out without any warning, whether with your lovely canine companion or not! Will be thinking of you sweetie. xx
Hi my friend! Thank you so much for your post - I do appreciate it. I've put off seeing the doc & telling myself it will go away but couldn't ignore it anymore. I do feel relieved I've been. My focus is entirely on mum but, as a friend said, I wont be able to keep supporting her if I get really ill. Lovely to hear from you and please let me know how things are with you? With Love, J xxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Completely understand that your focus is on your Mum but this is serious J and your friend is right, you need to be as well as you can to carry on being there for your Mum. Hopefully it will be a simple solution for your heart .... please let us know. In answer to how I am, have just posted a thread of my own. By the way, I just love your Avatar, have been meaning to tell you for ages. I have a 'thing' for baby elephants and the pic is gorgeous!! I keep trying to enlarge it to look at but it won't let me! xx
Hi again
Will reply properly on your Thread later xxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hi again
Hi again
@Carmar Just for you
FB_IMG_1452603220886.jpg

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Completely understand that your focus is on your Mum but this is serious J and your friend is right, you need to be as well as you can to carry on being there for your Mum. Hopefully it will be a simple solution for your heart .... please let us know. In answer to how I am, have just posted a thread of my own. By the way, I just love your Avatar, have been meaning to tell you for ages. I have a 'thing' for baby elephants and the pic is gorgeous!! I keep trying to enlarge it to look at but it won't let me! xx
Before I go onto your Thread just wanted to say my favourite creatures on the planet are Elephants. I have 2 adopted ellies and a blind white Rhino with The David Sheldrake Trust. These two are my latest; previous adoptees have successfully returned to the wild. I just pray they are still alive and haven't been killed by poachers or "Game" hunters who in my opinion are sick criminals. We are in danger of losing elephants altogether if we don't do more to stop the killing of these wonderful, highly intelligent, social creatures. My dream is to visit the Sanctuary in Tsavo to see these rescued orphans. If I were able to see one of my adopted ellies, I would cry my eyes out. Anyway, enough of that. So pleased you like baby ellies! Xxxxxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Good morning all
Thoroughly lazy afternoon yesterday watching amazing tennis. Serena so gracious in defeat. Angelique brilliant and the deserved winner. The men's final will be tough on them both I think. Looking forward to seeing mum later. Wishing you all the best day you can possibly have and @Lindy50 how did your dinner go? Love to all xxxx

kindred

Apr 8, 2018
Good morning all
Thoroughly lazy afternoon yesterday watching amazing tennis. Serena so gracious in defeat. Angelique brilliant and the deserved winner. The men's final will be tough on them both I think. Looking forward to seeing mum later. Wishing you all the best day you can possibly have and @Lindy50 how did your dinner go? Love to all xxxx
Good morning darling and I love the sound of your lazy afternoon. Looking forward to hearing how your visit went. all love and thoughts, hot again! Geraldinexxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hi Geraldine! Gosh yes it is hot. Just out of the shower and feel I need another! My brother has gone for a run - utter madness especially as he's having surgery on his foot next month! I'm afraid we can both be stubborn and often when it's detrimental to our health. I too look forward to hearing about your visit and how Keith is. Go steady my dear friend and take care. Speak later. Much Love, Jan xxxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
That is just completely adorable! I too have always loved elephants but in particular the babies. It is the way that they have no control over their little trunks and they flap about all over the place, it is so funny to watch. Thank you for posting. Really cheered me xx
My pleasure!!!! Xxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.