APPROACHING END WITH MUM : EVERY DAY IS DIFFERENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Dear Jan @Jezzer
I’m sorry you had such a bad visit today and totally understand your wish not to talk about it. I too often find my visits to Mum too painful to derive any benefit from discussing them.

I understand also how you feel about the sheer hell of these last stages, and your anger at the way society in general turns a blind eye. I agree too with @YorkshireLass.

Yet.... my closest identification is with what @kindred says “my personal, heartfelt belief is that while consciousness gives the sufferer even a small amount of pleasure, then we as humans help to maintain it. After that, I do not know why we do, except that the ethical and accountability problems are too enormous”. So, like you, I keep holding mums hand, murmuring poetry to her and hoping there is some meaning to it all.

As to the use of the word ‘journey’, sadly my thread about Mum is called ‘Mums Journey’ . I have been thinking for some time that it is too light and banal to encompass the situation.....but I started it going on five years ago, when Mum was in the community and it didn’t seem so inappropriate. The fact is that I don’t watch reality TV, so to me it is about mums journey through life, and it doesn’t have any other connotation. I accept that in today’s society, though, and given mums progression, it doesn’t really fit the bill.

Crazily, this has upset me a bit, but I like the continuity of mums thread so after consideration, I doubt I’ll change it.....though if starting now, it would be called something different.

Love and hugs to you and I hope tomorrow is a better day for you and your mum.

Lindy xx
Dearest Lindy
I intended no offence to you or your precious Mum. I understand why you named your thread as such and would never want/expect you to change it. I am very sorry if my post upset you. As I said, it is my personal view.

Mum is deteriorating very quickly and is not expected to survive the night. I am just in the lounge at the Home for a little while, pulling myself together before I return to Mum. She is so tired and Dad is waiting for her.
With Love
Your Friend
Jan xx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Dearest Lindy
I intended no offence to you or your precious Mum. I understand why you named your thread as such and would never want/expect you to change it. I am very sorry if my post upset you. As I said, it is my personal view.

Mum is deteriorating very quickly and is not expected to survive the night. I am just in the lounge at the Home for a little while, pulling myself together before I return to Mum. She is so tired and Dad is waiting for her.
With Love
Your Friend
Jan xx
Dearest Jan
I know you meant no offence - you just gave me something to think about.

I’m so sorry to hear that your dear Mum is nearing the end. I hope it is as peaceful as it can be and that your mum is soon with your dad xx

Wishing you strength at this difficult time.

Love and hugs

Lindy xxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
I don't think you should change it Lindy. It's a perfectly acceptable title.
@stanleypj I am not asking Lindy to change the title to her thread. Why have you posted this on my thread? Why are you being disrespectful to myself and my mother. Lindy's message was intended for me. If you must comment, why did you not post
your opinion on her thread? My mother is not expected to survive the night. Please, no more opinions on this thread. This is exactly what I did not want!

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I'm sorry to have upset you Jezzer.
I didn't know there was another thread. I was just responding to something I'd read on this thread.
I was very sorry to read about the stage your mum has reached. My thoughts are with you.

Starbright

Apr 8, 2018
Dear Jezzer ..It’s been a while since I responded to your posts but have just read through your post ...I’m so very sorry you are in this very sad situation this evening ..
Take care thinking of you A x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brose