Application for COP

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Nearthesea, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Nearthesea

Nearthesea Registered User

Jun 13, 2015
    Hi all

I am in the process of completing the documentation for the application however I am unclear as to the following and would be grateful of any advice.

I know the court fee is £400 for the application. Does that remain the same no matter how many people apply to be deputies i.e myself and 3 siblings or do we have to pay £400 each?

Many thanks :)

2. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    The Cost is per application, not per person. If the person you want deputyship for is on less than £12,000 a year, the cost reduces to half, or none if they are on certain benefits. In any case, you are allowed to reimburse yourself the money once deputyship is granted.

3. Nearthesea

Nearthesea Registered User

Jun 13, 2015
    Thanks Beate

Oh what a relief that is........

Thank you so much I feel better already :)

4. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    The £400 is simply for the court hearing so that the court can decide that a deputy/deputies is needed and who it will be. It doesnt matter how many deputies there are.

5. stuart642

stuart642 Registered User

Jun 23, 2015
    Hi

the courts advised me that despite my earning being below £12,000 as my relative had sufficient capital the £400.00 fee was still payable. As mentioned they advised that this could be re claimed from his account. Good job I had a contingency fund!

6. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    If you read my reply carefully you will find that I did say the person the deputyship is for needs to have under £12,000 a year earnings not you!