App problems and blocked content

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
All things back to normal for me, Invalid Redirect message gone. Logging in now much easier.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"All things back to normal for me, Invalid Redirect message gone. Logging in now much easier."

I concur.

Only strange thing is that if you later enter with 'remember me' set you go to the insecure site and are not logged on. As soon as you click on anything you go to the secure site and are logged on. Just an observation, doesn't cause any problems, and probably not noticed by many.

Diannie

Jun 2, 2015
Just to say: those random large pictures can be removed just by unselecting Show Photo Preview under the settings option. They really spooked me at first, but it's fine now.

Everyone who is getting those random number that you can't clear: are you all on the apple app? I'm on android and do not see them.

I am on Apple iPad and I haven't got that option in settings to delete those pictures. Does anyone know if there is another way to delete them?

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I changed that setting on my iPhone. It should be the same on the iPad but I haven't done that yet.

I used the 3 line drop down menu on the top right. Once in settings I got a list of things I could select to be on or off I turned off the preview image setting. I'm sure it's the same on the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Last edited:

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Using the Android app, the "Trending" tab which initially had content now seems to be empty whenever I log in. In itself it's no big issue (well, not to me) but mentioning it in case it is related /pertinent to any other issues.

Ditto with the fact that the "People" tab doesn't seem correct. I have my settings to only show those online which it says should be 38 but only 13 show. Each time I have looked it seems the first part of the list is missing. Earlier it started at E, now it starts at J ☺

Sent from my SM-G361F using Talking Point mobile app

Last edited:

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I'm seeing the same as you Celia with regard to Trending. I have no idea how that algorithm works though - there might have to be a lot of people opening threads and it's late now. With regard to People, my list currently has 12 names on it but it starts with me, and then goes to A and so on.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Just as a matter of comparison with iPhone. My trending list is full when I open that tab. My people list shows 26 online just now. It starts with me then goes to 'a'.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
OK - it's 7:27 and like you Celia, trending is empty ("no topics"). But my "currently online" list shows 43 people, starting with a d. But strangely enough not me. And can I just say: I'm here!

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments. It sounds like the new app isn't picking up activity in the way that it should, hence the anomalies in the People and Trending tabs. I will flag it with the company.

As I mentioned before, it's helpful to hear your comments on how helpful the app is. In particular, I'd be interested to hear if it is providing a better experience than accessing Talking Point through a browser, like Safari, Chrome, or Internet Explorer.

Thanks,

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
I use the app only. Was interested to see that there were posts with no, or only one, reply on trending yesterday. Seems to make a mockery of the word trending!
Also pix that I can't find on the post.
And this thread is always mixed up with the ones adjacent. Today's special offer? Three for one? Sorry, being flippant! But it is annoying.
Is there any way to turn off the 'sent from my iPad....' permanently? I'm getting fed up doing it every time!

2jays

Jun 4, 2010
West Midlands
I'm now only using safari

After a time, even though not logged out, i.e. Overnight, when I click on the "open page" on my phone on safari of the "full site", I seem to be put onto the safari mobile site, logged off

Click full site, log on, and so far today, still on full site and not "thrown" onto safari mobile site

I only wish to use safari site on my phone until app is back to where it was, or the developers have finished with us users "testing" the app for them and finally get it user friendly to everyone

Can you tell I'm still moaning Minnie and not a happy bunny

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I only ever use the app on the phone. Full site on the laptop, and haven't noticed any changes there. Can't say I like the new app, but it's manageable for me. I can't manage using the browser for talking point on my phone, no matter what I do!

Sent from my C1905 using Talking Point mobile app

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
App/iPad
I notice that the first line of the last post is now missing. Not helpful! I don't really mind what the main heading, e.g. Tea room, is. I just need to know if I've read everything available, especially first thing in the morning.

Spamar

Oct 5, 2013
Suffolk
How often should one be signing in? I've been on TP 3 years and, except for the first time, never signed out or in. Until today that is, when I found I was denied the right to reply. I signed out, then in, everything was OK. But I've had to do that twice more - and I was out all morning!
Is this normal?

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Have just noticed that when you click on the notifications link in the android app and then go to a thread post notification, sometimes it takes you to the latest post and sometimes to the first in the thread. Given the length of some of the threads here that might become harder to navigate especially if doing on a small screen.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Talking Point mobile app