apology

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
I'm sorry for any offence I caused in my "a little bit wet" thread ..... it was not my intention to hurt. And I'm sorry I then acted hastily in saying that I was leaving. Thank you for all the messages of support. I've replied individually, but want to say thanks here too. I really value this group, and would like to contine to be part of it, and hope that people will forgive me for being over-stressed and a bit of an idiot sometimes :(

Áine

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Aine, sending you a big

Love Connie

Attachments

• hugs.gif
    hugs.gif
    27.4 KB · Views: 346

jarnee

Mar 18, 2006
leicestershire
Hey,

Just glad you're still here. I'm still quite a newby, but I'm glad everyone's around for supporting each other

I can't do that big hug picture like Connie, but I'm sending you one anyway:)

Jarnee

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Aine, if you think you might appear 'over-stressed and a bit of an idiot' what does it make me???;) :)

Please be the first, when I (as I undoubtedly will again) make a some gaffe or comment that someone takes offence at and I don't even realise, to shout and scream at me (publicly or privately).

I am humbled that you have chosen to make a 'public' apology. With hindsight, perhaps I should have too. I didn't like what you said, and you didn't like what I said. We're not here to like each other - just to help - but sometimes people grow on you!!!!:D

I actually think your thread was very brave and I do admire you for admitting what you saw as a weakness. The outcome of all that thread for me (and I hope for you) is that I have a better understanding of TP, some of its individual members and the compassion around here when people can read between the lines and recognise the 'bad hair days' and reach out with support.

Huge hugs, TF

(PS: Any tips on spiders and wasps gratefully accepted!):eek: :)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
That’s what desiccation & talking about our feeling at any given moment are about to share , to agree to disagree on TP

(praying now that I am not puting my foot in it saying that )

Attachments

• ppp.gif
    ppp.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 353

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Tender Face

Feel the fear & go with it

Spiders get a glass & cover spider while sliding a hard peace of paper under glass & throwing it out of window.

A wasp keep still don’t run , slow duck & dive , with a magazine or newspaper .

Waps Run lol :)

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
My phobias (well, two of them!) (Aine and others will know my little confessional!)

There might be lots of things which don't 'faze' me (sp?) about caring, but say mum had a spider or a wasp crawling up her arm I would be a quivering wreck.. and if one was on mine I'd expect her to be 'mum' (as she was) and come rescue me!!!

Hey, I did a lift! (Yet another phobia!) It really is that great 'you surprise yourself' when you have to rise to certain situation.... never liked lifts, don't much care for stairs when I have to look down.... claustrophobic, scared of heights, all round pretty pathetic really.

Mum has to get to a second floor hospital ward. She can't do stairs. I can't do lifts. I can't do wheelchairs up or down stairs(!):) . I have to do lift. I did it! I did it! Nearly in a faint when I got to the unit - nurses more concerned about me than mum for a while... in fact, if there had been a spare bed, might have admitted me too..... had I been trapped inside a lift with a wasp I might not be out now to tell the tale!:D

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Margarita said:
Tender Face

Spiders get a glass & cover spider while sliding a hard peace of paper under glass & throwing it out of window.

A wasp keep still don’t run , slow duck & dive , with a magazine or newspaper .

Waps Run lol :)

Margarita, thanks for the advice, but I'm too frightened to climb up a ladder - :eek: glass or no glass - when the monster spider is on the ceiling!!!!!

Also, can you tell me if wasps prefer Hello magazine or the Sunday Times???? I don't buy either, but will start to if they're recommended 'weapons'!!!!:D

Margarita, do YOU have this thing about NOT killing spiders? I remember my dad picking them up and 'putting them in the garden' - 'they do so much good and kill the other insects which actaully do damage.....'. Well, if they're so good, why do they give me and thousands of others goose-bumps just seeing them - or even thinking about them? Any why am I sat here even typing about them????:D

Special love, TF

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Spiders ? Shout for help, then be teased by rescuing son as he threatens to release captive from glass near me. Spiders on bedroom ceiling? Wake son from his slumber (if husband not there), and insist spider removed or his bed comandeered for the night. Kids, wonderful, they do have their uses, my pay back for being the taxi service!
Amy

Last edited:

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
To take our minds of other things :)

Yes I do have a thing about not killing them, there part nature, I feel sorry for them :(

Did anyone one know ,that if you see a cockroach you must never stamp on it with your foot, because it will lay loads of tiny eggs of more cockroaches, that you can not see ,hence the glass or spay

And if there was a nuclear war the only living thing would be a cockroach :eek:

Its got to be with the hello magazine or the daily Mail

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
Margarita said:
That’s what desiccation & talking about our feelings ...

:D Dear Margarita, I know now you have a good sense of humour, so shall post this one:p

:confused: Dessication? Should that have been :) 'discussion'? :rolleyes:

Hugs

DickG

Feb 26, 2006
Stow-on-the-Wold
Hi Aiine

You have my admiration! As you know I too am "a little bit wet" but have not had the courage to admit it. Welcome back, you have made my day.

Hi Tender Face

So glad that the issue is resolved, you are a star.

Hugs

Dick

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Hiya, I got a fantastic little gadget from one of those cleaning firm catalogues, you know, the ones that they post through your door. It cost about a fiver. Its like a little four sided pyramid with a sliding door underneath and a lovely long handle.;) It works a treat, I can catch any creepy crawlie in it without touching or even getting that close. :( (big enough for a daddy longlegs.) Its see through, so you can make sure you have the bug safe and not chop off any legs either.:eek: I would be lost without it. Do see if you can get hold of one. Luv, She. XX:)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968