Apathy, mine!

Laura40

Dec 10, 2017
England
Yep definitely. I'm finding my husband now really just isn't interested in anything. Our life has become really small. Going on holiday last year was really good we both got something out if it but now life is in that stage unfortunately where I'm just a caretaker of a nearly empty shell. Sorry if that offends anybody. Last night he asked to go to a hall and gardens near by so I booked us tickets and today we went and after 10 mins he wanted to come home and go to bed. I spend most days from around 6pm procrastinating watching box sets I'm not interested in, whilst he sleeps! He's happiest eating, results in lots of restaurant visits and me putting on weight. Anyway, getting miserable again so going to scan the messages and go back to my box sets.

Laura40

Dec 10, 2017
England
Well I read the phrase Groundhog Day ( Canary it was you) and I thought that is so apt! Well my journey continues so a question for those of you further along my OH was diagnosed in 2017 and for quite a few years we got on pretty much as normal but now it really has changed and I am just a carer. So how do we do it, Groundhog Day!? That's what I think I struggle with most, life just passing me by doing nothing for me just the continuing cycle of caring. Very self obsessed I know...

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
It’s not self obsessed to do something for yourself. Your whole self can be taken up by caring. This explains why so many carers find it hard to regain their motivation and a life for themselves after caring ends.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Well I read the phrase Groundhog Day ( Canary it was you) and I thought that is so apt! Well my journey continues so a question for those of you further along my OH was diagnosed in 2017 and for quite a few years we got on pretty much as normal but now it really has changed and I am just a carer. So how do we do it, Groundhog Day!? That's what I think I struggle with most, life just passing me by doing nothing for me just the continuing cycle of caring. Very self obsessed I know...
No, it isnt self obsessed.
TBH, Im not sure how we do it - we just do.
There are days when Im not sure how I can be so busy and yet also, so bored..........

Laura40

Dec 10, 2017
England
Snap, that's me just so bored. Lucky some would say because I know there are people out there with so much more difficulty going on in their lives but it's the tedium for me. I've friends, family, social workers the admiral nurse etc who all go on about how practical I am, how organised and doing so well, how many would be using a carehome by now but the constant cleaning, dealing with incontinence, supporting mobility issues, etc, aren't the difficult parts for me. It's the playing constant games of dominoes and jigsaw puzzles and commenting on child like drawings that depresses me. It's the fact I've lost my partner, my future, all of our plans just gone I don't think those around me actually get that part. I know it's different here, which is why my visits on here are so useful and so appreciated.