1. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    Because of his constant wandering both from home and once from the day centre my husband has has an Adult Protection order taken out by both the police and his consultant from the Memory clinic. I have been assured that this will put the system on alert and may lead to extra help which at present totals one day at the centre.

Are there any downsides which I can't see at present?

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I don’t know about downsides but I wish I`d been offered something like this in our time.

3. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    I suppose I'm wondering if the authorities have any rights now that I'm not yet aware of. This all happened so recently that I havent quite taken it all in yet.

The trouble is that you get so used to certain behaviours that you don't always see how dangerous they appear to outsiders until faced with the results of a police search or something similar.