Anyone Still Awake?

rhallacroz

Sep 24, 2007
merseyside
hi phillipa

Hi philipa
Just to let you know I am thinking of you tonight. It is so awful isn;t it. My dad is ill too he has the dreaded chest infection and is nursed at home in the lounge with carers and my mum. Luckily Ihave night care as well just feel that this time dad may not get over it . He has been told today that he should be prophylactic antibiotics. To preevent re occurence. It is awful to watch them decline we must all pray that we have the strength to get though the day.And put our trust in a higher being be it God or whoever . I try to let go and let God have is will. What will be will be whether we like it or not. Just hope that we have the strength to accept it and get some peace in the fact that at this point it is out of our hands.
Lets hope that tomorrow brings better news.
Thinking of you
Angela x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Philippa and Angela

Just sending much love, hugs and prayers to you both. It's going to be a hard night for you both. Hopefully the morning will be brighter.

Love,

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
Just for YOU

Hi Phillipa.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Just for today, even if it isnt for long, try and think of yourself and do something nice for YOU. You deserve it. lots of happy wishes.Zoe xxx

Philippa

Feb 26, 2008
Essex
Sad news, everyone. We got a call from the hospital just as I posted my message last night to say that Dad was failing rapidly. Mum and I raced over but were just a few minutes too late. But we were able to see him and he looked peaceful. The nurse was very kind.

Angela, I'm so sorry your Dad has a chest infection too. And Zoe, thanks for your message.

xx

SusanB

Jan 15, 2008
Hove
Oh, Philippa

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. That's really dreadful and my heart really goes out to you.

You will have a lot on your plate over the next few days.

And it's your birthday today...? I guess Happy Birthday is inappropriate, but just to say that my thoughts are with you - and I don't even know you!

Take care
Susan

nickyd

Oct 20, 2007
warwickshire
Oh Phillipa,
I've just caught up on your post, and I'm so truly sorry.
My heartfelt sympathy's are sent to you and your Family.
Again, it seems inappropriate to say Happy Birthday'..
Take comfort in the fact, that you did all you could for your Dad, and he is free from this awful disease.
Take Care of yourself and your Daughter,
Love & Hugs,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Philippa.

I am so sorry to hear the news of your father and offer my sincere condolences to you aand your mother.

I hope in years to come you will have happier birthdays.

Love xx

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Phillipa
I was saddened to read your news about Dad. He is at peace now and he passed on knowing his family all loved him.
please take care
hendy

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Philippa

I'm so sorry to hear your news.

Your dad is at peace now, free from all suffering. And it's good that he was peaceful at the end. Don't worry that you weren't there, your dad knew how much you all loved him, and perhaps he chose his time so as not to distress you.

Take care of yourself and your mum now, and allow yourselves to grieve, either together or separately, whichever seems best for you.

Try to do something positive today, it will help you through future birthdays if you have some positive memories of today.

Keep posting, we are still here for you.

Love,

zoet

Feb 28, 2008
Macclesfield, Cheshire
oh Phillipa....I'm so very sorry.:( Now at last your lovely dad is at peace. How terrible for you, and on your birthday. Sending all my love and my most sincere sympathy to you and your family. Just hold on to your happy memories and comfort each other with them. Big hugs....Zoe xxx

rhallacroz

Sep 24, 2007
merseyside
Dear Philipa

Oh Philipa
I am so sorry that your dad has passed away. Your birthday as well. Life is cruel. I am sure it has been said before but he is now so much at peace. Please be confident in the knowledge that you did all for your dad nothing to reproach yourself for what so ever. You will be in my prayers. My dad is poorly too its horrid isn;t it.
All my love to you and your family.
With Love
Angela xx

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Phillipa,

I'm so sorry to read that your Dad has passed away. At least it sounds as though his care at the hospital towards the end was better and that he passed away peacefully. But I am sure that you didn't want it to be today of all days...

Thinking of you and your family.

Philippa

Feb 26, 2008
Essex
Thank you all for your kind messages. Today is proving quite hard. I haven't even cried yet which I'm amazed at. I usually cry easily.

Philippa

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Philippa,
I've been so busy with my own problems I missed the post about your dad..I'm so..so sorry!
Look after yourself..my condolences to you and your family..

Love Gigi x

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Philippa I am so sorry to hear about your father.

As to the crying - you're probably in a state of shock still. The body seems to be able to hold it together for a period of time after a death, probably because there is so much to do, but eventually the tears will fall. Take care of yourself - there is no right way to grieve.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Philippa,
I'm very sorry to hear the news about your father. My condolences to you and your family.

Your posts reflected a caring loving daughter and I'm certain your father was aware of that to the end.

Take care of yourself.

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
Hello Phillipa,Hope you are OK now,so it is Queens! Hope your experience with that place is better than mine,they will probably put him in Cornflower A,There are some good nurses there,but also there are others watch them some are "it's not my job" when you ask for a water jug to be refilled.
Keep at them.
Hope you find parking alright.I made a number of official complaints,and I deeply regret noi forcibly removing Anna.
Let me know how you get on,Thinking of you
Fred.

frederickgt

Jun 4, 2005
Hornchurch,Essex
So Sorry Philippa,Your story so closely follows mine,At least now your father is at peace,no more confusion,no more pain,no
more loss of dignity.He is still loved,just as My Anna is,if wonder if they meet?
I miss Anna terribly,just as you miss your father,but,they are so much better now arent they.
A poem for you
SAFELY HOME
I am home in heaven dear ones,
Oh so happy and so bright
There is perfect joy and beauty
I this everlasting light

All the pain and grief is over
Every restless tossing passed
I am now at peace forever
Safely home in heaven at last

Did you wonder I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?