Anyone know how to find out about up to date will?

technotronic

Jun 14, 2014
I am just wondering how i can find out if my wife has an up to date will, only copy i can find at home is one made in 1986, containing a list of Pecuniary payments to family and friends and instructing her trustee to be pay them out of her estate not listed and funeral costs to be paid for from said estate as well.
As the estate would include the house to be sold, which could result in leaving me with nowhere to live, i need to know, whats what and if this will still stands.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If you and your wife were married after the will was made it was revoked on the marriage, in the absence of any other will she is intestate.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I have had the same problem with mums will. It has taken me a while to track down where it is held as I couldnt find mums copy.
I eventually found that a local firm of solicitors hold it, but they wont let me view it (even though I hold CoP for mum) or even tell me what it contains as mum is still alive
:(

nicoise

Jun 29, 2010
Are you sure your wife's will requires the house to be sold?

If it was drawn up by a solicitor, assuming the two of you were married at the time, it would be an unusual instruction, again assuming she owns the property in her name alone, without making any provision for you.