Anyone free to help

Alicenutter

Aug 29, 2015
Massachusetts USA
How are you doing Aisling? I've been thinking about you off and on all day, and praying for you too. I have no advice, except try and giggle at least once a day at the absurdity of what you find yourself doing. Not easy I know.

xxx

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Aisling

Don't come away with empty promises of help that doesn't exist, a promise of future, appointments to some clinic or a pile of leaflet. Make things change right there and right then. Refuse to take him home if you have to but do not let them fob you off with some old guff. You sound like you're too close the edge and so it's time to step back, don't just tell the doctor his story tell him yours too They have to help both of you not just him, pushing it back to you isn't an option.
Good luck and be strong.
K
I think I am having a bad time. So sad for you. Hope you can get some sleep tonight. Also that the doctor can get you some respite. Having said that I cannot remember when I last had a bit of time to myself except 2 hours to do the weekly shop,fill up with petrol, and visit the doctors for medicine. But at least (fingers crossed )I do get a nights sleep most nights.For that I am extremely grateful. Good luck and hope you get some help.xxx

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
hi everyone,

Am totally overwhelmed by the kindness and support from all of you. On the whirlybird roundabout today. I phoned Respite today hoping I mite get it sooner!! Unknown to me they contacted the psychiatry for the elderly nurse liaison officer. She phoned and told me tim was not happy on Respite and told me to phone her after visit to doctor. Doctor changed meds for night time. Off to chemist who explained all to me. His antidepressant has been increased and an extra calming tablet at night. I phoned NLO and she was angry with me cos meds should not have been changed without consulting her and that I should call her about Tim, not the doctor. She claimed that she had seen Tim in day care last Thursday. Sure I was with Tim last Thursday!! Told her that but she insisted that she had seen me sitting in my car. She is supposed to see Tim every 6 weeks at home but she doesn't. She calls and I am not at home. Told her to let me know when she was coming out and I would suit her schedule and be at home. A psychiatrist calls maybe twice a year with her, asks Tim a load of useless same questions which Tim can't answer. She asks questions and doctor makes notes. Last time I asked to see the notes!! There is no point in asking Tim what day is it ? What season? Etc, etc. they give me no feedback except last time that T needed full time care and nothing available except private care!!

She is meeting me in Thursday at 2.30 outside day care. I am going to ask questions and tell her that psychiatry of elder care give me no support and try to lie at how good she is!! Nosey woman. Last time I had a prescription packet on table for me and she picked it up and asked questions about it!! None of her business.
She likes to tell me I can't cope and that I have to sign on for fair deal!! Tim has no medical card. She now wants to get a social worker involved who she claims can get me support!! We had a needs assessment from health service early November and we are not entitled to get any more help. District health nurse did this
assessment. She never told me result but told the Liason Nurse. I didn't hear for ages. God give me patience next Thursday. Psychiatry for elderly promised loads of support way back at the beginning but nothing happened!

The good news is Tim has no infections. Started new tab tonight and he is sound asleep now.

Oh yeah staff in respite say that Tim should have been kept on old meds and nosey nurse thinks the same, but I am sticking to my doctors advice and others can p..... Off.

Thank God for a calm night tonight. Without all of you I would have gone stark raving mad last night. Thank you so very much.

Virtual hugs to all of you for your incredible response.

Tomorrow is appointment with optician. Two pair of course!!

Roll on Monday PG. Respite week!

Aisling ( Ireland)

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
How are you doing Aisling? I've been thinking about you off and on all day, and praying for you too. I have no advice, except try and giggle at least once a day at the absurdity of what you find yourself doing. Not easy I know.

xxx

Yes I have a wicket sense of humour.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
I think I am having a bad time. So sad for you. Hope you can get some sleep tonight. Also that the doctor can get you some respite. Having said that I cannot remember when I last had a bit of time to myself except 2 hours to do the weekly shop,fill up with petrol, and visit the doctors for medicine. But at least (fingers crossed )I do get a nights sleep most nights.For that I am extremely grateful. Good luck and hope you get some help.xxx

Looks like I will get sleep tonight.

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland

xxx

You are absolutely correct,
Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland

Do people not advise you to keep up a social life?! Am regularly told to go to a beauty clinic and get my hair done!! The next person who gives this advice I might have to thump them!! Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland

Isn't it awful that people with Alzheimer's can't get good support in their community. It depends on where one lives in Ireland.

Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland

xxx
Thank you. All the support has really helped me.
Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland

xxx

Sleep tonight. Great. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland

xxx

Thank you. Really appreciate it.
Aisling

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Six days to go now, till Respite time. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending cyber hugs, chocolate, a personal beautician and hair stylist. :) xxx

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
only just caught up again Aisling. That blooming nurse person sounds like she needs putting in a bin bag! You did so good with the doc - delighted you sorted out the meds, now fingers crossed.
Thinking of youxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sleep tight and dream of chocolates and a spa day xx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Aisling, who on earth appoints people like your NLO, how did she get through an interview, it beggars belief! So sorry you're getting all this conflicting advice but sounds as though your doctor understands and hope the new meds work. Not too long till the 8th but must seem like an eternity to you. xxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Aisling, who on earth appoints people like your NLO, how did she get through an interview, it beggars belief! So sorry you're getting all this conflicting advice but sounds as though your doctor understands and hope the new meds work. Not too long till the 8th but must seem like an eternity to you. xxxxxx

Newsflash,

I got six hours sleep last night!! Hip,hip,.............

Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland

She claims she is an expert in Medication. She should go far away and do research on a desert island! Out of my hair!

Aisling

Aisling

Dec 5, 2015
Ireland
Don't come away with empty promises of help that doesn't exist, a promise of future, appointments to some clinic or a pile of leaflet. Make things change right there and right then. Refuse to take him home if you have to but do not let them fob you off with some old guff. You sound like you're too close the edge and so it's time to step back, don't just tell the doctor his story tell him yours too They have to help both of you not just him, pushing it back to you isn't an option.
Good luck and be strong.

K

Hope you are reasonably OK. Kevini