Anyone else understand this?

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
Well this is a little embarrassing but along with my memory loss is a distinct lack of concentration. I watch the same two films over and over. I can’t concentrate on anything new. Is it just me or is anyone else doing this? I try other things but I can’t keep track and I end up watching one of my films, just asking ?

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
Hi ARP, mum and I watch Les Miz and Calamity Jane back to back most days. One makes us laugh and sing, the other makes us cry and sing, regardless of the laughing or crying the singing is always bad ? mum struggles to concentrate with new plots in films or programs and quite honestly I like not having to concentrate and knowing what's happening beforehand, it's a lot more relaxing than struggling to keep up with twisty turny plots.... Oh and I can nip to the loo without hitting the pause button so I don't miss anything, bonus ?

Littlebear

Jan 6, 2017
Devon
My husband watches Death in Paradise all the time. I think it’s like an old friend visiting and of course the sunshine & scenery lift the spirits. I think the familiarity is relaxing & calming. There are advantages to not having to concentrate.

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
Hi ARP, mum and I watch Les Miz and Calamity Jane back to back most days. One makes us laugh and sing, the other makes us cry and sing, regardless of the laughing or crying the singing is always bad ? mum struggles to concentrate with new plots in films or programs and quite honestly I like not having to concentrate and knowing what's happening beforehand, it's a lot more relaxing than struggling to keep up with twisty turny plots.... Oh and I can nip to the loo without hitting the pause button so I don't miss anything, bonus ?
Oh that’s good to know I did think I was going crazy Thank You for the reply x

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
My husband watches Death in Paradise all the time. I think it’s like an old friend visiting and of course the sunshine & scenery lift the spirits. I think the familiarity is relaxing & calming. There are advantages to not having to concentrate.
Well he couldn’t pick a better series if he likes sunshine I used. To watch that years ago.ty for your reply xx

ARP

Oct 10, 2020
Oh that’s good to know I did think I was going crazy Thank You for the reply x
It’s just me and my cat but the films are both musicals rocketman and yesterday and I’m deaf in one ear so I have subtitles on to help with volume but also helps with singing my cat likes it haha xx

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
my husband has taken to watching the simpsons and old cowboy films with usually the same plot. there is not a lot of variation with either plot

Hayley JS

Feb 20, 2020
Cats are good company, we have dogs, they are deaf too......but only when it suits them

:rolleyes: xx