Anyone else experienced this

angelict

Jan 16, 2020
My Mum is convinced today that I'm her Mum eventhough she recognises me and knows my name anyone else had this?

Arty-girl

Jun 29, 2020
Something similar which happens in our case is that Mum will start talking to me, about me, and when I point out that it is me she's talking about, she will say 'yes, I know'. But most things are mixed up now, she often calls males 'she' and females 'he'. After breakfast, when I get her tablets out, she asks if it is night-time and vice-versa for her ight-time tablets.

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
Yes. My mum would also say things like, 'I know you're my daughter... but I'm not your mother!'

She thought I was far too old to be her daughter, but then she also thought she was a lot younger and that her parents were still alive.

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Dad would look out the window and say 'well, everyone else is in bed, I suppose I should be too' This could be anytime of the day.

lollyc

Sep 9, 2020
Yes, me too, all of the above. And talking to the television, and believing that what's on TV, or in her book, is about our lives. Sometimes I wonder who is more confused, me or Mum!

Arty-girl

Jun 29, 2020
Yes, me too, all of the above. And talking to the television, and believing that what's on TV, or in her book, is about our lives. Sometimes I wonder who is more confused, me or Mum!
Oh my goodness! I can so identify with this. If someone on TV is 'talking' to her she totally snubs me. If the people of TV are laughing, then it's a reaction to some silly thing she's done. I was wondering if it is a kind of narcissism. It's as though she feels she is the centre of everyone's world. Even if it's not live TV. She also sometimes stops eating a meal because she thinks it rude to eat whilst they are talking to her.

Tattooed Mark

Sep 19, 2020
Oh yes! Mum would ask me where her mum was,call my brother by her brothers name and say she has to go to school in the morning.I joked that she hadn't been to school for 75 years and best to have a sleep in.

Batsue

Nov 4, 2014
Scotland
My mum was convinced that I was her twin sister for a long time, it did not help that she had always had a tempestuous relationship with her actual twin sister.

Angtrog

Mar 25, 2020
My OH has started to call me mam, when I say you mean Audrey he says i know my mam isnt here any more, the sad thing is I answer to it now! He also thinks they are 2 of me and when I say some thing to him and walk away and go back and mention what I have been talking about he says she ( meaning me ) said that . Its so sad.