Anybody creative who can help me come up with a name for a network I'm starting?

Laus

Jan 8, 2016
Hello everyone,

My mum has recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's. As a relatively young person myself with a full time job I quickly realised that there was nowhere in my local area to meet people who are going through the same thing and so I'm setting up a network myself. We meet once a month in the evening at a local pub. The idea is to have a place to go for some peer support or to just go and be in a space where you don't have to explain how you feel but know there are others that understand. Well I say we but so far the group consists of me, my sisters and my mums nurses who are helping set things up. I want to advertise the group so people know we are there but I need a name and I'm stuck! The best I came up with was younger persons dementia network but that isn't very catchy nor does it really sum up what it's about. If anyone has any ideas I'd be really grateful for suggestions so I can get on with making posters and telling everyone about it.

Thanks,
Laura

eve67

Jan 23, 2015
how about 'Al's get to together' or 'De's club' 'al and de's social' ?

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
When I thought of some puns and acronyms I found most of them had already been used by UK organisations, so would cause confusion and or copyright issues.

Although both of these are in use for local health support groups in the UK, I don't think the titles are specific to any one organisation or health condition: Oasis, Piece of Mind.

It might also be worth Googling to see if there is a voluntary organisation already operating that might be suitable to attach to as a carers' peer support group.

mumsgothelp

Jan 8, 2016
POOLE DORSET
How about something like young carers support network (ycsn ) or maybe there is one already ? also just a random thought why not widen your group to include any younger carers like you, as I am sure there must be many young carers who care for loved ones with serious illness who would love the chance to get together with more young people for coffee and chat but don't know where to go, GOOD LUCK with your group , regards J

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
I noticed that the not-so-catchy name you came up with, Younger Persons Dementia Network, has the initial letters YPDN, and wondered if there was some way you could turn this around to read NYPD like the New York Police Department?

"Don't despair, call the NYPD!"

Is this a totally daft idea :D? Would it breach some copyright rule like Katrine said?

Apologies - it's getting late ...:rolleyes:

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I noticed that the not-so-catchy name you came up with, Younger Persons Dementia Network, has the initial letters YPDN, and wondered if there was some way you could turn this around to read NYPD like the New York Police Department?

"Don't despair, call the NYPD!"

Is this a totally daft idea :D? Would it breach some copyright rule like Katrine said?

Apologies - it's getting late ...:rolleyes:

NYPD - Network of Young People affected by Dementia

Sounds a good idea CG:)

AlexEJ

Nov 1, 2014
That is great your setting up this network. I'm
29 and my mum has Alzheimer's and I dont know of anyone else of a similar age who is going through the same thing that j can talk to. Where are you located?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson