1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Any tips on employing a live- in carer for my mum please

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by GVic, Oct 10, 2015.

1. GVic

GVic Registered User

Sep 10, 2015
    Hi!

So it looks like we've found a suitable live-In carer for my mother in law (who is 71 and has Alzheimer's). The carer is a lovely lady who is a relative of a church friend, and she has been coming to care daily for my mother in law for the last few weeks. They seem to be getting on really well, and after a near miss with leaving the gas on last week, we are looking to step up the care to live-in.

I was just wondering whether anyone on here has any experiences and tips of privately employing a live in carer please? I presume we'll need to do formalities such as a job description/outline the roles and responsibilities and of course will need to draw up a contract.

This is a whole new realm to us, so any experiences anyone can share, we'd be really gateful.

Thanks in advance.

2. Flake

Flake Registered User

Mar 9, 2015

I am afraid I cannot help with an answer but thought I would give this a nudge as it is something that has been suggested to me for my Mums future care, and I would be interested to read any comments you receive. May I wish you good luck x x