Any suggestions?

Peter A

Apr 17, 2008
Brighton
Hi folks, I'm new to the forum!

Does anyone have any suggestions for the following -

My father (who has dementia) was admitted to hospital with bronchial pneumonia, was treated but unfortunately contracted C diff from the ward. My mum says she can't cope with him at home especially as no home nurses will care for him (because of the C diff), and no care/nursing home will have him whilst he has C diff which seems impossible to shift. So he is stuck in nowhere land. The NHS care isn't brilliant, we've been finding his pills lying around on the floor, he's not eating and the staff won't sit with him anytime to make sure he takes his pills/food.

The rest of us are tearing our hair out trying to find a way out for him, which will only be in a wooden box at this rate.

Any ideas?

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hi Welcome to Talking Point. Your situation sounds horrendous and you must be really worried. I don't know how things work in the system because this is all new to me but I would think that the NHS care he is receiving is totally unacceptable. The nursing staff have a responsibility of care to your father and at least he should have his medication and food given to him properly. There must be someone senior whom you can seek out and ensure your father gets what he rightfully deserves and needs.

Good luck and please keep us informed.

Helen

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Hi Peter,
Welcome to Talking Point.
It is not acceptable regarding your Father's medication.
It is one of those things that talking to the Doctor and insisting that the medication is given.
Do you have any help whatsoever?
Someone will come on line later and offer advice.
Best wishes
Christine