Any sort of index available?

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Hi, there. Brian is about to be prescribed memantine and I am sure I have seen questions about this particular medication come up before in threads at TP. I have looked at the "Tags" cloud beside the blog entries but it doesn't get a mention there. Is there a similar tags cloud for threads? Or any sort of index one could refer to? Realise I am perhaps being a little optimistic here, but do not want to trawl through hundreds of threads if there is a much quicker way to find a few comments on it.

Many thanks, Nan

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Nan:
I would go to Search on the green band above, then type in memantine, choose whether you want to see Posts or Threads, and then those applicable will be listed.

Hope it works.

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Hi Nan,

I would use the Search function (on the green navigation bar, towards the right).

I prefer the advanced search:

http://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/search.php

You should also search on Ebixa which is the patented drug form of the generic mematine.

Tags only work when people manually add them, so they are not as helpful as the search function.

It is good news that they are willing to try Brian on this drug, as it can be difficult to obtain and can yield good results for some people.

Take care,

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Nan I am so glad that Brian is being given the chance to try memantine, since NICE have made it difficult to prescribe, It worked very well for my Trev in calming behaviour and allowing more logical thought process for some time, hope it is as benefical for Brian, give it some months to reap the benefits, think it is the only drug to have really helped Trev. take care Pam

Nan2seven

Apr 11, 2009
Dorset
Thank you so much, Jan and Sandy, for your quick replies. I have already browsed a few of the posts that came up and rather like what I see.

Pam, thank you also for your very heartening post, and I have seen more posts from you in the last few minutes saying much the same thing. Memantine appears to work for most people (the figure 9 out of 10 was quoted) and I really hope that Brian falls into the nine. It seems he is lucky to have had it prescribed at all as it is rather costly. Fingers crossed for the next three months or so, and will keep you posted.

Love, Nan XXX

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Is there a similar tags cloud for threads?

yes, look at the bottom of each thread.

however, tags need to be assigned to threads, and few members actually do that, perhaps because they don't realise they can.

members can assign tags and if everyone does, in a sensible way, then the tag cloud will be extremely useful and not only point the way to topics, but also show the levels of interest in each topic tagged.

Bronwen

Jan 8, 2010
Bristol
If you can get it, go for it...I have read many successful stories. I'm still fighting for it for my husband but being fobbed off with so many stories why he shouldn't have it..i.e. cost..may not be applicable..but will keep fighting for it.

Hope all goes well for you.

Love
Bronwen x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonathan95