1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Any luck with antipsychotics/neuroleptics in Vascular Dementia?

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Lisa74, May 15, 2015.

1. Lisa74

Lisa74 Registered User

May 27, 2011
    Hello,

My Granny has gone a bit (read: very) bonkers recently (e.g. trying to break down the front door, hitting people, pouring hot drinks over people, claiming people are poisoning her etc.) and I'm just wondering whether anyone has had good/bad experiences of anti-psychotics?

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    They helped my husband Lisa but I have to say they were no magic wand.

He was still difficult and the doctor warned me they might affect his mobility and they did. Even so I doubt I would have managed without them.

3. Canadian Joanne

Canadian Joanne Volunteer Moderator

Apr 8, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    They helped in my mother's case, although we did have to tweak them over the years.