any change in routine !!!!!!!is hell

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
major temper session as i have got a decorated in to paint the walls every time i suggested it he goes mad about the idea hates the disruption and does not see the house is so shabby as he will not do anything any more is this a symptom others have experienced or is he just so lazy now the house is all we have need to look after it such a strain being yelled at over it all:confused:

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
My husband was a very competent DIYer and would get angry when I suggested getting tradesmen in, he was more than capable of doing the jobs, so he said, so he thought. We tried painting, two strokes up and down and he was asking me where next. We gave up and had a cup of tea. Jobs got left because it was not worth the hassle.

I started to get help in whilst he was at day care and made it clear to the person doing the job they could only start after 9.30am and be cleared away by 3.30pm. Every job took weeks but I got them done and he never even noticed. The bigger jobs had to wait for a long time and were all done once he went into care. Obviously it cost a lot more because everything was a lot worse than it needed to have been.

It must be very difficult for our husband's to accept that their skills re maintenance are disappearing.

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
My husband was a very competent DIYer and would get angry when I suggested getting tradesmen in, he was more than capable of doing the jobs, so he said, so he thought. We tried painting, two strokes up and down and he was asking me where next. We gave up and had a cup of tea. Jobs got left because it was not worth the hassle.

I started to get help in whilst he was at day care and made it clear to the person doing the job they could only start after 9.30am and be cleared away by 3.30pm. Every job took weeks but I got them done and he never even noticed. The bigger jobs had to wait for a long time and were all done once he went into care. Obviously it cost a lot more because everything was a lot worse than it needed to have been.

It must be very difficult for our husband's to accept that their skills re maintenance are disappearing.

well to be fair he always hated it and i would never insist he did it it just seems he does not care what house looks like and hates any change in routine will not even get rid of the chair with broken legs goes mad when i suggest it