antidepressants and major tranquillisers

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi michael

glad things are settling down a bit for you, and youve had a better day,

i think we should perhaps open a wine bar as well as a tea room, you could be landlord :D

as for the posting pics bit:eek: i think i'll give that one a miss:D i thought your "tackle" issue was done and dusted what have i been missing:eek: i think ive got a bit of catching up to do:rolleyes:
take care

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
been reading along am pleeased things are better with Monique

lol

Go to Manage attachment & click on it & it open a box that says browse click on it & it open a box that says chose file that in your computer so you look where you put your photo of you tackle & then click on your photo & it do in to open .

and seeing that you can not do all above while reading this just go to Manage attachment & give it a go all that can happen is that your get it wrong lol good luck

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
Michael,
You scroll down tto the box that is under "reply to thread" box, go to "attach files", then "upload from you computer". Find your picture file and then download. My very basic understanding of it. You might take your pictures at a lower resolution so they won't be too enormous on everyones screen. Or you can edit them on you computer picture program.....I use photoshop but I'm sure you have a program that came with your camera that will do it.
Good luck,
Debbie
ps , Bruce and Norman are the wiz's at this !!

jeannette

Feb 27, 2006
Ps

Swift (in haste) postscript to one of Rummy's postings:

"The decanter........well, we have to find pleasures in little things so it is ok for it to bother you. Get another one !"

And fill it!

I get so sad for you and what you're going through with Monique. Nothing that many others haven't said, but my mother's nearly ninety-six, and to have to go through this with your partner has to be pure unending horror.

Back to that decanter, isn't it strange how in the midst of unrelenting awfulness, one particular thing seems to tip one just that little further over...

Very glad things are improved somewhat.

Best wishes.

Jeannette

lanason

Jun 11, 2006
Cambridge
I didnt realize

Michael - I've just followed your link from YBW, as my mother has Alzheimers and my father is caring. It is most strange, whenever she is in company she is happy as Larry, esp when my kids are running around. Mum is smiling and gigling all the time.

The problem is when Dad and Mum are home alone, and Dad is outside or doing chores.... Mum is really unhappy. This means that Dad takes her out virtually every day. He is now ruuning out of places to go and things to do.

I am gobsmacked how he has adapted and learnt to cook. I think we have some more difficult times ahead.

Reading your post has put a real reality check on things for me and I wonder how you deal with such a thing. Maybe I tell Dad to buy another Boat !!

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Ian hi,

Glad the link has worked - this forum is a wonderful place for understanding and gaining knowledge about AD.. Really do not know how I would have coped without it. Monique is a bit the same as your mum - much happier with people around and being the centre of attention. Unfortunately living in France it is only the French family that can regularly provide that support and they tend not to! Fair enough - not a bundle of fun.

If your dad is into - has got a computer - then this site is just what he possibly needs. It is good to check out what is happening and the future with AD - lots of good help and advice and when you have the blues = supportive!

Not sure about the boat solution.. I have not had a sail since last summer - things have deteriorated rather quickly... I have hauled the boat and am spending my two 'free' afternoons a week giving it TLC and getting out of it! Cannot get 'Monique cover' for long enough to go anywhere! She seems to change so quickly I cannot make any real plans - but I do enjoy working on the boat - just a long refit going on at the moment!

fair winds

michael

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Ian,
Welcome to TP.
My dad just got into the habit of taking mum out for a ride every afternoon. When she was well enough they would actually go places, take the dog for a walk, then it was just a drive round, usually involving calling at my house 4pmish for a cup of tea.
It is hard, but make the most of what you have now.
Michael, you talking about working on your boat. There is a boat on the way to my dad's, in someone's garden, and I've never seen it move in 10 years!!
Love Helen

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
quote amy

There is a boat on the way to my dad's, in someone's garden, and I've never
seen it move in 10 years!!

hi amy perhaps their waiting for a high tide:rolleyes:

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
Boat owning is an odd thing... The vast majority do not seem to go anywhere - just sit in gardens or marinas. They are mainly sort of floating 2nd homes or floating caravans but attached to every one is a dream..... of palm trees and coral islands and perfect sunsets and and and....

Michael

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alister