Anti-masks Protests

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Did anyone else feel angry when they saw the news this morning or was it just me because my first thought was try being a carer or imagine what it's like to health issues?!

MaNaAk

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I'm trying to stop getting angry when I watch the news clips of people not following the rules, there is nothing I can do about it! This is advice I was given by a Mindfulness coach.

It's not just the protesters, there have also been hoards of people congregating in London streets after the 10pm curfew to continue partying.

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
I'm trying to stop getting angry when I watch the news clips of people not following the rules, there is nothing I can do about it! This is advice I was given by a Mindfulness coach.

I agree. I've delivered mindfulness sessions and there's no point in getting angry about things that you can't change, such as the behaviour of other people.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Yes. We can only take responsibility for ourselves and hope this will include others in the same frame of mind.

I feel for the students in lockdown but perhaps some people have to learn the hard way.

Now winter is here I have decided to allow access to my home to friends who visit by themselves. I have had home cleaning and chiropody at home since July 7th and we keep our distance in a well ventilated house so there won`t be much of a difference.

One of my frineds said we could sit outside with our coats on but it`s pouring down and blowing a gale so there`d be nothing to gain.

She is coming for lunch on Tuesday.

Lynmax

Nov 1, 2016
I live in an area (Stockport) which went into enhanced loackdown then came out after four weeks but has now gone back into it! So no more visits inside the house or in the garden or to a pub with anyone from a different household - fines are now being issues to some people who break these rules by mixing in very large groups. We are also advised not to meet up in public places, that will be tough for me as I live alone and after a few weeks I'm sure I will want to see someone.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
In Scotland we’re not allowed to have household visits. It will be reviewed in 3 weeks. I feel myself very lucky and privileged to be part of the extended household (what bubbles are called up here) of my 2 young friends and their little boy. We don’t do it regularly but I know I can have them here if I want to and I can to them if I need to. I’m blessed to have this option as extended households are exempt from the restrictions..

My great nephew has delayed going back to uni in Glasgow as there are outbreaks in the halls of residence there. My friend‘s son is one of those in self isolation in Edinburgh Uni residences.

I can have coffee out with one other person but no more. We can only have 2 households in a restaurant or cafe.

I’m ok with all of this. My friend has grandchildren and is finding the restrictions harder. I’ve been trying to tell her not to get angry as it doesn’t make anything better and will only make her feel worse.

I’m grateful I’m not a carer in the middle of all of this. Bill would have been 90 on 1st October. I’m glad he didn’t’t have to live through this. (A very young looking 90 I hasten to add - also I’m not the same age!!)

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I'm just carrying on as best I can with my mask and social distancing whilst working, clearing (sorting out house issues) and relaxing. Tomorrow my youngest brother and I are collecting the Will from the solicitors and I will be pleased to get this out of the way.

MaNaAk

Duggies-girl

Sep 6, 2017
Well I was really pleased to see that our local Asda have put a man on the door who is handing out masks to people who don't have one and is insisting that no mask means no admittance because up until now they have been very lax about it.

As for these idiots protesting, they obviously don't have anyone else to consider or they wouldn't do it. I don't like wearing a mask but I wear one to protect others. It's not a difficult thing to do.

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I do find it hard to understand why people are so stupid (there is no other word) about wearing masks. There was an article in today's Toronto Star about how the virus most easily enters by the nasal passages. It's really a no-brainer.

I got this mantra from my sister and love repeating it: It's easier to wear a mask than a ventilator.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
and now the tracing app is not linked to the nhs people cant share results with the app unless they book their tests through it and all the tories have had flu jabs when pharmacies are struggling to get them. there is another issue that those that have had the virus are suffering long term effects are finding hard to get treatment and rehab so it dpoesnt stop if you catch it

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Dear @Canadian Joanne,

I totally agree. I have some cousins in hospital in Malaysia who are recovering from the virus and they would be amazed by the behaviour of the demonstrators here.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
we have 2 schools at the end of the road, the primary doesnt need masks, but the secondary school do when in school. when they come out most dont wear masks, cant count to 6 there wewre a group of nine lads and i shouted at them that the group was too big got load of abuse for my efforts. i phoned the school the next day and still gather in groups. it wont happen to them attitude

Jaded'n'faded

Jan 23, 2019
High Peak
I also saw the TV reports on the protests. They interviewed one of the protesters - a crazy tin-hat conspiracy theorist. He reckoned there was no virus - it's just a govenrment attempt to control us all. The interviewer was somewhat scathing and said the guy must think our gov't are awfully clever to organise such a thing (I agree - they can't even organise testing) but the man didn't seem to get the sarcasm and insisted it's all a big plot. The interviewer then asked, 'what about all the doctors who are seeing people dying with the virus?' The man said he should ask them how much the gov't were paying them to say that. Incredulous, the interviewer then said, 'so you think every doctor in the country is in on this and is being bribed to pretend there is a virus?' The man prevaricated somewhat but did indicate he believed this was the case.

Sheesh. What is wrong with these people?

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I actually have a friend who thinks along the same lines so I said that she should look out for her elderly mother. SOme people have very strange ideas I'm afraid.

MaNaAk

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I was in a newsagents today chatting with another customer about masks when I said that the shopkeeper hasn't covered his nose! He immediately complied!

MaNaAk

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
I’ve just been to the post office and one of the customers had her mask under her nose. I really wanted to say something but decided too risky in case she got aggressive (OH is immuno-compromised). Some people are so selfish. And stupid.