Answering the question before last

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
I always enjoyed the Two Ronnies sketch when they were doing "Mastermind" and the subject was "answering the question before last".

I think I'm experiencing something of the same thing with Jan now.

I spend all my time with her trying to make some sort of conversation, and it gets very confusing when she says things, because often her replies seem to bear no relation to what I said.

The other day I realised there was a lag on her replies to me and that if I applied her reply to the thing I said BEFORE that last thing, then it made more sense.

I see the same thing, sort of, when I give her chocolates, or other special foods I take in. Often, when she takes the first bite I'll say "is that nice?", and I just get a look of concentration on her face. So I reckon that, since she is still chewing, it must be okay. Then, a few minutes later - or on the second bite, she replies "yes".

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
I can relate to that Brucie, Mum would sometimes refer to something we had done etc, up to about ten minutes later. I may well have moved on from it and had to track back to see what it was to comment on it correctly. Love She. XX

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
You hve just described conversations with Lionel. Not all the time, but when he is in one of his 'spells', everything seems to go haywire. You are right when you say apply the answers to the 2nd or 3rd question. Also Lionel cannot follow directions, but even with his minimal short term memory, he will suddenly attempt something you said 10 minutes earlier. Funny situation. Love Connie

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Thanks!

when I posted this thread I really thought it must be me going a bit weird! So nice to know others experience it too!

The Power of TP......

Katy44

Sep 14, 2004
I've never even thought of that, but I'll try seeing how it works next time I'm talking to Grandma

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan