Another year over, A new one just beginning

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
It's that time of year, and I won't dwell for long on the last year. This time last year was hard, but we survived and I even managed a few days respite in summer and again in autumn. Those were so valuable in feeling human again.

Anyway, as it's hogmannay and we'll be in bed long before the bells I just want to thank everyone on TP for help and advice last year and wish you all a Guid New Year.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
A guid new year to you and Christel as well Rob.

4D423589-1F71-4382-B514-9049DF65A2C3.jpeg

.. as my dad used to say ‘wi ither fowk’s coal!

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
And I hope for a better year too for a lot of our TP members who are clearly going through a very trying time. In many ways my situation is improved as John declines. I intend to start this year by losing weight ( surprise surprise) and finding a way to get out more even if that means leaving John on his own for half an hour. I am going to redecorate a bedroom as I like to have a project, get my garden up to scratch, go through all my paperwork yet again to see that all is in order and generally approach this year more positively. I didn’t much like 2018 so I have to shake that off and start afresh.

northumbrian_k

Volunteer Host
Mar 2, 2017
Newcastle
It's that time of year, and I won't dwell for long on the last year. This time last year was hard, but we survived and I even managed a few days respite in summer and again in autumn. Those were so valuable in feeling human again.

Anyway, as it's hogmannay and we'll be in bed long before the bells I just want to thank everyone on TP for help and advice last year and wish you all a Guid New Year.

A guid new year to you too @nae sporran (and to 'ane an a' as well - not as my Dad used to say 'to all but one'!) Your support and that of other TP members this year has helped a lot.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
In many ways my situation is improved as John declines

This is what I found and although it`s bittersweet, in our case it helped improve a very troubled relationship. It meant I have the best memories of my husband rather than the worst.

While I don`t wish anyone further ill, I do wish for easier relationships between our people with dementia and their spouses/partners/family members in the coming year.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
I do not make resolutions, why make for guilt if one fails? I have still got an ongoing plans to simplify life as far as able. I sorted a lot in 2018 albeit at a slow pace and juggling so many unexpected happenings.
I think I may be getting a bit of universal help in 2019, we put on the Humax Box that records out programmes, we have various concerts, art and history plus gentle travel programmes kept on that.
Good for quiet afternoons.
All have been lost as the hard drive has apparently failed. So it looks as if one slate has been wiped cleaned to give a clean start. Just amused me in a back handed way!
So a new Year a new start for us!
So wishing you all a happy new year whatevever it has in store! :):):)

Feistywoman

Aug 11, 2018
I also thank everyone for the support and advice given on this forum, I’m very grateful!

I have a list of Intentions for 2019, less guilt if things don’t pan out.

My Mums dementia has progressed quite significantly in the last few weeks, so going to a friends party tonight but will be home for the Bells....don’t want to be the guest sobbing in the corner. Parkrun at 9am tomorrow.

Wishing everyone all the very best for 2019

myss

Jan 14, 2018
All the best for the New Year to you @nae sporran and all others on TP, thank you for the advice given and I hope any advice I've given has been as helpful.:)

May 2019 be a better and brighter one for us all. All the best xx

Juliematch

Jun 24, 2017
Just wanted to wish everyone on TP a healthy and peaceful new year.Thank you all for helping me cope with dads dementia and always being there. Don’t know what I would have done without your support. Best wishes for 2019.