Another Time, Another day

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
ANOTHER TIME, ANOTHER DAY

As we traveled back to Torquay from Newton Abbot, I got a message on my phone, I looked down, read it, and answered straight back, but as I looked up I wasn’t where I thought I was. On the left of me we were just passing the Salvation Army hostel, the Clarence Pub was up on the right and at the bottom of the road was the junction where Gordon’s garage sat, I was on TOPP WAY in Bolton Lancs.

“Why are we in Bolton, and how did we get here? I asked Elaine who does all the driving. She glanced across at me with that very worried look on her face, “we are not in Bolton Love “she said, “We are on our way back to Torquay!!

“Yea right I laughed, well how come we are on TOPP Way, Bolton then? “” We are not darling, we are in Devon” The look on her face said it all, the sadness, the sorrow, and the slight look of fright as she knew I was having “One of my moments”. I shook my head and looked back down at my phone, maybe I am dreaming I thought and closed my eyes, expecting to wake in bed beside the love of my life and it had all been a dream, but I didn’t, because as I looked up again, Gordon’s garage was coming ever closer on the Junction of Topp way and Higher Bridge street Bolton. I clenched my fist in frustration as something at the back of my mind was telling me there was something very wrong, but I could see what I could see and nobody else could tell me any different!!!!

Then, as quick as it all happened, the scenery around me changed, and I was suddenly back in REAL TIME, sat in the passenger seat, just passing Tesco’s on the left hand side in Newton Abbot Devon, and all was back to Normal (If you can call it that) We pulled into the car park and sat there in complete silence, trying to make sense of what just happened. It was just two thirty in the afternoon, not a good sign. Eventually Elaine took my hand and whispered, Don’t Worry, all will be ok, and all was well with the world again, well, for the time being.

This is one awful cruel disease, and I know deep down, there will come a time when I will not be able to differentiate between the realty of everyday life and hallucination’s, but until that day arrives, I promise I will do my best to share these happenings with you for as long as I can, much love my friends, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Norms your insight is always so remarkable. That must be so very disturbing, almost like a time lapse. I'm glad you have Elaine there to reassure you and make your world the right way up again. Thank you for sharing. x