Another step on this journey

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by Linda Mc, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Linda Mc

Linda Mc Registered User

Jul 3, 2005
    Nr Mold
    The lovely ladies that run the "Gents Club" Vic goes to each week for two hours approached me today to recommend he now starts at a day centre. They have noticed a decline in him recently and feel the time is now right to take this step.

Luckily one of his memory clinic nurses was there today introducing a new gentleman to the club and she is putting the wheels in motion.

They all feel he will benefit if a place is available at a really good centre locally.

I knew it would come and now that it has I really feel most odd and strange.

Linda x

2. bclark

bclark Registered User

Feb 15, 2008
    greenhithe kent
    day center

hi linda what a lovely idea gents club wish we had something like that here, it took alan a while to settle in day centre but now goes twice a week, my care manager suggest he may be better going more days to give me more respite as alan is becoming more demanding now as long as he is not stressed there i dont mind best wishes bclark:)