another stage?

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
Another day!! We live with mum and have done always. My dad died when i was 20 and single. As mum has always suffered from her nerves i stayed even after we got married. Now mum has alzheimers and we cant afford to put her in a care home without losing a roof over our heads. She goes to day care 3 times a week and respite every 3 months or so. She expects someone to sit with her ALL the time, if shes alone for the shortest time ( if i go and see to the dinner) she starts shouting!!. Usually shes awake at 4 or 5 in the morning but for the last few nights she hasnt shouted and has stayed in bed til about 9oc. Hey this is great i thought, but this morning it suddenly dawned on me that she mite b losing her ability to shout!! Oh dear not good at all, just another step in the wrong direction. Feel as if i lost mum a long time ago but this hurts all over again. Sad

susy

Jul 29, 2013
North East
I feel the pain in what you write. She may just have moved to another phase where she is happy lying there with thoughts running through her head and is not distressed. How is she when you go in to her? If you think she is distressed please get her assessed by a dr and see if any medication may help.
Best wishes that you have a happy and peaceful Easter x

chelsea girl

Jan 25, 2015
I feel the pain in what you write. She may just have moved to another phase where she is happy lying there with thoughts running through her head and is not distressed. How is she when you go in to her? If you think she is distressed please get her assessed by a dr and see if any medication may help.
Best wishes that you have a happy and peaceful Easter x

Hi susie, no shes not distressed, shes usually glad to c me, not upset! When she got up today she called one of my boys by the dogs name and my youngest son by the eldest ones name ☺ now shes asleep in the chair and less coherent than before. Happy easter to u too x