Another question that I cannot get my head around...

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Maybe someone can start a business called Catphone Warehouse. I would be interested. I looked into getting a cat tracker after one of ours went missing for 3 days in January. Having done a great deal of research I decided that none of the were good enough for what I wanted. Some were so expensive with monthly contracts so I didn’t bother.
Love Catphone Warehouse!
You are the undisputed winner!
I am going to give up now I am defeated !
and also out of respect for @canary! I had forgotten that of course canary’s would be scared of cats ! I realise now that groan was of fear!
Many apologies for any ‘ ruffled Feathers’ and I wish you all good night!

big l

Aug 15, 2015
you lucky mine was over the phone as had mri year before but did send the alz. society book my husband doesnt talk about it as he wants to just get on with it. i think he views it that he has it and theres nothing he can do about it[vascular as well] so why go on about it. after sorted poa i tend to agree and deal with things as they arise. dont know whats the future so why worry too much about it
I got a letter from the MC telling me my oh had vascular dementia, which I had suspected, but that he also had Alzheimer's. Lovely way to find out. Support to take on this news.? None.

Olliebeak

Sep 13, 2014
Buckinghamshire
I have a clever key ring which I can text and it will tell me where my OH is. He doesn’t like it as it’s hesvy in his pocket but might work hung on a bike so at least you can keep track.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
I have a clever key ring which I can text and it will tell me where my OH is. He doesn’t like it as it’s hesvy in his pocket but might work hung on a bike so at least you can keep track.
Thank sounds excellent!
what is it called?
How far can he go before it doesn’t work?

Jan L

Mar 26, 2020
No you do not have duty of care - Social Services does.

There are a couple of things you might want to do, though.
You could speak to the Police about registering him with the Herbert protocol, so that if he goes missing they can speed up finding him. The other thing is - if he got a puncture, could he repair it?

Id also speak to the SW again.
Would it help to get him a tracking device, I think they are built into a watch type of gadget so that you can track him. My Son uses one when he goes out running on his own in the wilds (he doesn't have dementia, but you can have an accident) You can do it through mobile phone apps too. Just a thought.

Olliebeak

Sep 13, 2014
Buckinghamshire
Thank sounds excellent!
what is it called?
How far can he go before it doesn’t work?
Sorry for delay in replying. I can’t find the one I bought but there is one for sale from the Alzheimer’s Society Which looks the same. It’s called a safer walking GPS locator. Not cheap. You can use it to find the person using a mobile and gps so works wherever they are. There is also an alarm but the user needs to be able to understand how to use that! I My OH never did. I think some local SS will issue things like this too.