Another problem crops up.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Had a phone call from mums daycare that she slept during the day and was drinking a lot and had a temperature, so i called the Dr and got her an emergency appointment. It seems she is dehydrated (god knows how as she drinks plenty fluids), possible ketones in her urine and her blood sugar level is a bit higher than usual. So a sample of her urine has been sent off for analysis, mum may be becoming diabetic (or may just be her blood playing up), she has to have bloods taken tomorrow (fasting) and she will see the Dr later in the week.
Just when you think you have a handle on everything, something else crops up!

Anongirl

Aug 8, 2012
I know just what you mean, you think you've covered one problem and another runs up and jumps on your back!

Hope your mum is better soon x

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
I have to get her to the surgery in about 30 mins for a set of bloods to be done (fasting leve), you try telling someone with Alzheimers that they can't eat anything until after they have been to the Dr's!

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Got the bloods done, she will see the Dr tomorrow for the results (results for the urine will take longer). Mum has had her breakfast (although a bit late) along with her Souvenaid and tablets, and is now at daycare whilst i get another load of washing/ ironing (and god knows what else) done.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
She did, but she didn't have time to finish her coffee, but she will get some when she arrived at daycare.
Just wondering if i should buy the equipment for monitoring her blood sugar levels, as i have practically everything else?

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Mum doesn't eat many sugary foods (even the hidden sugar), as i cook all her food. I am hoping the results come back negative and it was just a hiccup in her metabolism, as not sure she could cope with it.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Mum seems rather confused today which makes me wonder if she has an infection, i'm hoping the new urine sample that i'll get from her will tell me as the one the Dr got yesterday won't be back from testing. Keeping my fingers crossed that her blood sugar level will be ok from the bloods that were done yesterday.

Carabosse

Jan 10, 2013
Well the bloods weren't back (somehow didn't think they would be) apart from Haemoglobin levels which were fine, so no infection which is good news, the urine was clear so no microscopy done and again no infection. Thinking the confusion today is just a blimp and nothing else, or thats what i'm hoping!