• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Another level i think and on antibiotics again

vannesser

Apr 4, 2016
Ho been rather aggressive and swearing at cares .over past 2 weeks on saterday he was doing it to every one he saw .
Sunday slept all day then agresiv again on Monday to the point he wont let them change him or get him ready for bed told by care he might have infection had im checked on Tuesday given pills but there not shore if he as one . Told on whednesday by another care it just progression of illness .

He had another go to day been in pants all day no trousers and seeing things all day most of time.and shouting alot
i know its hard for him as bed bound inconternent and can not see alot and he says he don't like them coming and as forgot this as been his life since June and will be till the end .i just dont no what to do some timed to help him

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Ho been rather aggressive and swearing at cares .over past 2 weeks on saterday he was doing it to every one he saw .
Sunday slept all day then agresiv again on Monday to the point he wont let them change him or get him ready for bed told by care he might have infection had im checked on Tuesday given pills but there not shore if he as one . Told on whednesday by another care it just progression of illness .

He had another go to day been in pants all day no trousers and seeing things all day most of time.and shouting alot
i know its hard for him as bed bound inconternent and can not see alot and he says he don't like them coming and as forgot this as been his life since June and will be till the end .i just dont no what to do some timed to help him
I don’t have any advice, but I do have plenty of sympathy!
You have been through so much, and then more problems come your way!
sending you lots of strength!

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
Hello Vanesser. You may not remember me but I used to write on Talking Point a lot. My husband died 2 years ago and I have not really been on here. So I am amazed that you are still coping at home but realise that it might be something to do with the pandemic, I am so sorry that he is so distressed. It is such a terrible illness.If I can give you any comfort I have to say that although I miss my husband and think about him everyday, I have been grateful that he is no longer alive. I cannot imagine how he would have been feeling if I had not been allowed to visit him. I know how grateful I was that I was not in that situation of not being allowed to visit. Will you be looking for a care home for him now. Maybe in another couple of months it will be sorted for visiting. Do not feel that you are giving up on him, It can change so much for both of you. You will look forward to seeing him and I am sure he will look really pleased to see you once he settles in. I hope I am not speaking out of turn. I know how awful it is to make that decision. I wish you a nice day and hopefully a calm one. Please write to me whenever you want to and if you want to, Love to you. casbow.x

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
West Hertfordshire
There is only so much aggression carers will tollerate.

Have you looked at care home provision near you yet? It really is time ( Passed time probably)

he seems to be going round and round in circles- infection after infection,
if he wont LET them change him,/wash him he will get infections, infections make him aggressive, so then they CANT wash & change him, so the infection builds and builds.

if he was in a care home, someone could go back every 10 mins if nessesary until they get him washed/changed.
How do you manage to change the bedding?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @vannesser

This has been your OH life since long before June and has been yours too. You must be exhausted.

He could do with some help with the hallucinations he`s having. Are you asking your doctor for enough support? There might be some medication to help.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dom62