Another Infection and Incontinence

Discussion in 'ARCHIVE FORUM: Support discussions' started by sue38, May 29, 2008.

1. sue38

sue38 Registered User

Mar 6, 2007
    Wigan, Lancs
    Thanks Hazel, I didn't realise that. But the first test came back negative and we had to wait 4 days to hear that. :confused:

The discharge notes said it was an unknown infection. My guess is that it was the wound from the biopsy, which thankfully has shown nothing sinister.

My Dad is fine now he is home. No incontinence and today he decided, without prompting, to take the dog for a walk. Just as well as after he got home it poured down all day. I should know as I went for a 6 mile walk, as it is only 5 months until my Sahara trek for AS, and I got wet through. :( Not likely to be a problem in the desert. :D

2. hendy

hendy Registered User

Feb 20, 2008
    West Yorkshire
    Dear Sue
    Very Well done for sorting out an early discharge for Dad. It does sound that he is getting back into the normal routines etc. The problems of the NHS seem to be vast and insurmountable at times. During Dads admission, I have had to prioritise which things I'm prepared to kick up a fuss about. There's no doubt that staff on medical assessment wards etc are hard-pushed to provide a good standard of care, when there's so few of them.
    And yet again another example of dementia care being low down on the list of priorities!
    take care
    hendy

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    That's brilliant, Sue. Let's hope the improvement continues.

love,