Another important petition

Shaky

May 10, 2004
Dudley, West Midlands
The new petition has now been accepted on the No. 10 website.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Continuing-Care/

It reads as follows:

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Fully fund long term care for our sick and elderly under the 1946 National Health Service Act and the 'Coughlan' Judgement in the Court of Appeal 1999.

More Details:

The Core Principles of the NHS can be summed up as follows: To provide care which is free at the point of need, meets the needs of everyone and is based on a patient's clinical need not their ability to pay.

Tony Blair said at the Labour Party Conference in 1997 that he didn't want his children brought up in a country where pensioners had to sell their homes to pay for long term care.

Since then approx 700,000 homes have been sold to pay for care.

This applies to sick people of all ages. These people have paid taxes and national insurance all their lives, then suddenly they get taxed again when they become ill by funding their own long term care. What an absolute disgrace!!!!!

IF YOU HAVE AN ILLNESS OR DISABILITY YOU ARE ENTITLED TO FULLY FUNDED NHS CONTINUING HEALTH CARE UNDER THE NATIONAL HEALTH SERVICE ACT 1946.

PLEASE SIGN UP.

Shaky / Stephen Johnson

http://www.fightthebureaucracy.co.uk/forum

Helena

May 24, 2006
Hi Stephen

Delighted to see the petition has been accepted onto No 10 website I hope its deluged with signatures because Tony and Co need their noses rubbed in the dirt they alone created

Helena

May 24, 2006
Hi Stephen

Delighted to see the petition has been accepted onto No 10 website I hope its deluged with signatures because Tony and Co need their noses rubbed in the dirt they alone created

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Years ago, when I was helping in a campaign to save a Special School from closure, the political parties who weren`t in office were more than willing to sign our petition.
Other willing signatories were people who had never heard of the school, had no connection with the school, nor were they aware of the related issues.
It was suggested that anyone can get signatures on petitions, and petitions in themselves are worthless and ineffective.
I would be interested to hear of any success stories, where petitions have been known to save the day.

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi Shaky,

Both my wife and I have signed this. Lets hope many more do the same.

Best Wishes

Ken

said

Jul 4, 2006
London
Hi

We have added a link to this petition from the Alzheimer's Society website.

Hope it helps.

Said
Website Manager

Shaky

May 10, 2004
Dudley, West Midlands
Thanks

Thanks Brenda, I would urge all members of this website to send the petition link to your friends and family via your own email address book - it will force the Government to at least comment on it to us all personally and if we get enough signatures perhaps some of this will be picked up by the media - it's all about awareness. - Remembers as far as PCTs and LAs are concerned, dealing with families of dementia 'Ignorance is THEIR bliss'.

Natashalou

Mar 22, 2007
london
Nudging

this to the top again as a recent sign up I found it by chance. i own several websites and I am placing links to the petition on them all as well as sending it to my email addy book. I shall also get my sons to spread the word at work and college.