Another good day

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hello everyone. I feel really chirpy today. I got up and went swimming first thing because Alan is o.k. on his own for that amount of time and he knows what to do himself. ie breakfast, make a cup of tea. Wash dishes. Get dressed. Wash and shave.

When I got back Alan had done all the above except shave. I then came up on the computer and had decided not to prompt Alan to do anything and just see how things were. I think I was wondering whether the prompting was really necessary or whether I was just controlling!! Anyway whilst I was up here Alan fell to sleep in a chair because I think if I'm not there and I'm not prompting, then Alan feels such a void that he just falls asleep in it. If I met Alan for the first time today at that point I would think he was just an old man. However, when I came down and started making our lunch and prompting Alan to do things, he really perked up and even started whistling.

After lunch I said we could go for a walk and he agreed. Our walking boots were already in the car so we set off and did a big walk all around the woods. Up hill and down dale. Alan was smiling, chatty and observant. I could tell by the way he was walking that he felt good about himself. I let him take the lead and decide which ways to go because I know the woods really well and was not likely to get lost. I think he felt good partly because it was something he felt in charge of.

As an added bonus, we spotted a pair of Jays and stood watching them for quite a while.

We're now back home and he's gone straight into the garden and is sorting out something that he planted last week.

Thanks for being around.

By the way, what's the Tea Room? Do any of you use it and how is it different to this?

Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
The Tea Room is in the Lounge Helen. It`s where we go for a bit of fun and relaxation.

Your day sounds lovely. You make me feel like a couch potato. ;)

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Tea Room's for chat, Helen, (and other new members) about anything that's not to do with AD. You can post pictures there (see Bruce's tutorial about re-sizing), poems, join a diet club, or just natter!

Come an join us!:)

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I think if I'm not there and I'm not prompting, then Alan feels such a void that he just falls asleep in it

That just how I find it with my mother, Just when I thought she lost another skill its back when I prompt her to do it on her own, she undress herself last night put on her night dress herself.

but with my mother if I walk away , she just forgets go back to sleeping

sounds like a lovely walk thanks for sharing .

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just as the others say it is a 'lounge' for members to chat to each other. I use it for slightly more personal posts as only members can read them, not guests. (I sometimes wonder if our daughters come onto TP that is ok, but it is unlikely they would become members).

I do hope you feel you are getting some comfort and support here.
Love Jan

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BB2CAN