Another Future Learn Course on Dementia.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I completed the last one and would do another one just not sure I am in the right place right now to do it. As it is not until the end of May I have time to decide. It is the same length and time as the other and very manageable. Well worth doing.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
That's understandable Jay.

I like the format of these courses. Suits me well as I can arrange study times as I want and can go into as much or as little depth as I want.

Sammyjo1

Jul 8, 2014
Thanks for posting the link Izzy. I've signed up for it as i think it will be really useful and I just hope I am organised enough to do the work!

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Thanks for posting the link Izzy. I've signed up for it as i think it will be really useful and I just hope I am organised enough to do the work!

You can dip in and out as you wish. As long as you complete the weeks 2 hours before the start of the next week. As I am a bad sleeper I am awake early so every Monday morning I made a coffee, propped myself up in bed and completed the weeks work before I got up then I could forget it until the following Monday.

Doing it all in one go each week is my preferred way but there are some courses with longer hours to complete and not sure that would work for me doing it all in one go and dipping in and out, not sure that would work for me either. I am a bit of a ' do it later' person.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee

I found that these courses are not too taxing Sammyjo. I must admit to doing them in the early mornings before Bill wakes up! I scoot through quite a lot then. I often read the transcripts of the videos rather than watching them as I'm a tad impatient!:rolleyes: I watch a couple of minutes of them to get an idea of the personalities then read the transcript. Good luck!

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
I've just had an email about another Future Learn Course on Dementia. I think it looks really interesting. I have enjoyed their other courses so am about to register for this one. It's called Dementia:Staying Connected and Living Well and begins on 23rd May -

https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/dementia-care

I tried to register for this course but when I press on the button it just says this page does not exist. I have emailed them to tell them

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Rich PCA Carer

Aug 31, 2015
North Gloucestershire, UK
You don't actually have to keep pace with the course. I was away for the last two weeks of one course and completed it about 3 weeks late in the end. It does cut down the level of interaction you can have with others via the forums, since there are less people still on the course.

The Many Faces of Dementia course is still on-line and is being repeated in July.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
I have managed to register for the course now on my laptop when I couldn't on my iPad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne-Marie14