Another family member who is also LPA taking over

Discussion in 'Legal and financial issues' started by Justus, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Justus

Justus New member

Nov 12, 2019
    Another family member is taking over my surviving grandparents decisions, bank,cash etc after losing the other grandparent We are both LPA what rights do I have

2. Woohoo

Woohoo Registered User

Apr 30, 2019
    Female
    South East
    Hi @Justus , welcome to tp from me . If you have a read of some threads you should find some answers , but I’m sure other members will be along soon. I would of said it depends on if you have joint /several on Lpa .

3. Bod

Bod Registered User

Aug 30, 2013
    Firstly, does the surviving grandparent still have the ability to make their own decisions?
    If so, unless they have have asked to have help, then nothing can be done by the LPA's.
    Secondly, much depends on the wording of the LPA as to just who can do what.

Bod

4. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    If the LPA is set up as jointly, then all decisions need to be made by all attorneys together. If it's jointly and severally, each attorney can act independently. If you don't agree with what another attorney does it's advisable to speak to them and try to solve it amicably. You can try to reverse their decisions but that will just lead to wrangling and bad blood.