Another failed discharge.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
From a failed discharge 2 weeks ago to a delayed discharge today. C was supposed to be home in the morning to meet the community therapy team in the afternoon. They were going to assess safety getting in and out of bed. Due to a slight problem with the transport the therapy visit was cancelled. They gave me the option of delaying discharge until tomorrow as it may not be safe to send her home today without support.
Oh well, time to go and visit again, but I'll have to find out what went wrong and what is going to happen tomorrow. I had fresh flowers and nice lunch organised, too. Fish and chips and beer later, I think.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
for goodness sake, couldnt they have done that earlier or yesterday. they need to co-ordinate each service going in to help
I was told on Friday it would all be co-ordinated and this would not happen. There again they told me last time the failed discharge of 2013 would not happen again. Thanks, Jennifer.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
Thank you everyone. My computer may not agree I have the patience of a saint, but that's another sad story.
The physios were here for over 3 hours and needed help from the sitting service carer to get C off her chair.
I now know how to get C in and out of bed more safety. A referral has been made to the district nurse to look at the remains of blisters on her feet and the practice nurse is coming tomorrow to look at the odd mix up in pain patches and advise on inconsistencies in the discharge summary.
It was good to have help and support today, all three were patient and kind.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
The things you find yourself sudde3nly having to be an expert in is exhausting, @Violet Jane. Good to know your friend at least has carer support and good luck sorting the washing machine.
When dad's Alzheimers was diagnosed as severe the consultant said that to dad I am his daughter, mother and wife. However I was also the carer, entertainer, diplomat, companion etc..

MaNaAk

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
By yourself? Please be careful and watch your back.
We managed ok last night with the technique I was shown, thanks Sylvia. Persuading C to get up again today is the hard part. She refused when the care worker came and is one of the best of them. I hope this is a short term problem, but fear it's going to be a very long winter.