1. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    We have had 5 funerals since Christmas, family and friends, today hubby's cousin has died in CH she had AD he is so upset, we do visit her every week as he is so close to her, should we go to yet another funeral, l am feeling so stressed, tomorrow he will forget about today, he is so confused, her husband has just been diagnosed with AD so feel we should go to support him, just need a big hug ♡♡♡

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    Oh Panamm what a hard situation for you. I'm so sorry you and your husband are facing this. Sending hugs.

image.jpg

3. WILLIAMR

WILLIAMR Account Closed

Apr 12, 2014
    Hi pamann

I am sorry about your situation.
    Mid 2003 to 2004 was a bad time for our wider family.
    My mother died and we had 14 other deaths.
    I suppose this will happen at some point as the wider family consists of over 250 people.

William

4. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    I'm so sorry Pamann. So much sadness in such a small space of time.

Love and hugs to you

Lyn T XX

5. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    Thank you Izzy William and Lyn for your hugs and kind words, it means so much to me ♡♡♡

6. WIFE

WIFE Registered User

May 23, 2014
    WEST SUSSEX
    So sorry to hear of yet another death Pamann - so many Funerals already this year and now one more. Can you decide nearer the day whether to go or not? Thinking of you both.

7. Adcat

Adcat Registered User

Jun 15, 2014
    London
    I am so sorry for your losses.
    I read somewhere that a contented strategy is to offer no new news and only good, positive communication.
    I took my Dad to a funeral recently of a chap he had known for years. While he behaved appropriately, he did ask me several times who had died and has not mentioned it since. As such, I think I may adopt this strategy as I think life will be less stressful.
    Take care x

8. Jinx

Jinx Registered User

Mar 13, 2014
    Pontypool
    Pamann so sorry to hear of all these sad losses in such a short space of time. Huge hug from me. x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

9. Scarlett123

Scarlett123 Registered User

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    Oh what a dreadful situation for you. Is there any way that someone could be with your hubby, whilst you go to the cousin's funeral on your own? As you've said that tomorrow your husband won't remember today, you'll know in your heart that you're representing both of you.

And you say that the cousin's husband has also been diagnosed with AD? Oh sweetie, I'm sending you the biggest hug I can find. xxxx

10. Lilac Blossom

Lilac Blossom Registered User

Oct 6, 2014
    Scotland
    Sorry to hear this Pamann - so much sadness xx

11. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    Oh I'm so sorry to hear this, pamann. So much in such a short space of time, no wonder you are reeling. Much love, support and strength to you both xx

12. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    Humungous HUG for you, Pamann. I can't imagine how you must be feeling at the moment.

13. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    Thank you for all your support and advice, bless you Scarlett l will go with our eldest son youngest son will stay with his father, so much all at once for us, thinking of the January lads, bless you Lyn, Scarlett, and Wife ♡♡♡

14. Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    The January Lads will make sure that this February Lass has a front row seat, and will watch over her, with the greatest courtesy and care. xxx

15. truth24

truth24 Registered User

Oct 13, 2013
    North Somerset
    So sorry to hear of your grief, panamm. Sending you a big hug.

Sent from my GT-N5110

16. WILLIAMR

WILLIAMR Account Closed

Apr 12, 2014
    I have just been notified of a sudden death in the wider family and will be going to the funeral soon.
    What is worrying is she is a year younger than me.

William

17. pamann

pamann Registered User

Oct 28, 2013
    Kent
    Condolenses to you William, this is a bad time of the year, the youngest of our losses was 22yrs old so sad,♡♡♡

18. LYN T

LYN T Registered User

Aug 30, 2012
    Brixham Devon
    Of course all deaths are sad Pamann-but 22 yrs old-that is tragic.

I'm so sorry

Lyn T XX

19. WILLIAMR

WILLIAMR Account Closed

Apr 12, 2014
    I lost my brother when he was 17 and my wife lost her sister when she was 16.
    I met my wife when we were 11. We were not married at the time of the deaths but I think it was generally expected to happen so it was really the same family for practical purposes.

William

20. Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
    Essex
    What tragedy you have had, William. xxx