Another day

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Alan had an appointment with the Psychogeriatrician this morning and we have been told that there is no need for him to come to the clinic again and that someone from the team will keep in touch with us at home. This is better for us because Alan was really paranoid whilst waiting because he was certain a couple of people were talking about him (I think he hears them planning to attack him) - it is hard to understand.

He is still blind in the eye they operated on and the drops are not working up to now:eek:

He cleared up all the dishes after lunch (yes a healthy lunch).

He seems content at the moment watching rhythmic gymnastics on the t.v.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I do hope he regains his sight Helen.

Although cataract surgery is straightforwards and is relatively risk free, I was told of two possible complications which could have a detrimental effect on recovery. They are haemorrhage and infection.

But good news from the Psychogeriatrician.

Love xx

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Sylvia

Do you think I ought to ring Eye Casualty again and say the drops are not having any effect or do you think I should just continue treatment and go for the appointment next Wednesday. I will completely understand if you don't want to comment - just say and I'll have to decide myself.

Love

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
They were very helpful in reassuring me that the drops can take some time to work and to carry on until the next appointment.

Love

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just wanted to say how wonderful to read the interchange between you both - Helen and Sylvia. How wonderful TP is.

Sorry to intrude - but could not resist. :cool:
Love Jan

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hi Jan

It's nice you are there Jan and you are not intruding. I just cannot contemplate how awful and how difficult my life would be without you all:eek: I feel so relieved because it's just an extra worry I had which I can leave now:)

I've got a client coming in a minute but I will log on later. I've been reading about David's sundowning so I guess you and Sylvia have lots to share.

Love

ROSEANN

Oct 1, 2006
staffordshire
Dear Helen
Just read your post about Alans eye and I am glad you rang the clinc.
This happened with my husband and I am glad to say it all came right in the end .
So have faith I am sure it will be okay.
Love to you both
Roseann