Another blow!

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
My husband had his assessment at the memory clinic and his score has gone down again to 16. It was not a shock as I knew there had been some changes the last two months but I just kept hoping I was wrong!

They are increasing his Aricept to 10mg and I suppose he has had over a year on 5mg but I feel so low and having a stinking cold doesn't help!!

Sorry just needed to moan.

Linda x

JANICE

Jun 28, 2005
SOUTHAMPTON
Hi Linda

Just read your message and just wanted to sympathise. Not much help I know but I feel for you. I have a bad cold at the moment and everything seems much worse when you don't feel well doesn't it? My husband is on 10mgs of Aricept and he seems to be coping reasonably well on that. Some days are better than others but his score has stayed the same for the past two memory tests on that dose so hopefully it will help your husband stabilise.

Chin up - there are plenty of people thinking of you!! Hope you feel better soon and that the increased dose helps your husband.

Best wishes

Janice

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Linda, these colds are really doing the rounds right now aren't they! Hope the increased Aricept helps your husband, (and you!) Do feel free to vent your feelings here, you are in company who understand only too well. Hope the sun shines for you tomorrow, lotsaluv and hugs, She. XX

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi Linda Mc
my wife has been on 10mg Aricept now for 7 years and it was only at the last test 3 months ago that her score had dropped very low.
Like the advice given before I wouldn't worry too much about the tests,we are with our partners all the time and I can tell which is a good and which is a bad day.
Norman

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Janice She and Norman thank you for your support. Today I do feel better and more able to "cope". It really does help to know you are all out there!

Linda x :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ian.Hogan