Annual review

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Was wondering if john does not go tomorrow, how about talking to social worker to ask if they can give you more help for a while, as get someone to sit with John in your home, while you can get out or catch up with some sleep, because it sounds like you need to catch up with sleep.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Hazel,
I`m so sorry John isn`t being helped by the latest medication. No wonder you`re so tired.
I hope he is well enough to go to the `club` tomorrow, so you can have a bit of a break.

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Hi Hazel,

( just a thought......) Would a commode next to the bed help, then John wouldn`t have so far to go to get to the toilet. Does John have drinks after 7 pm? Sometimes the little things can help..........as i said........just thoughts.

Hope you have better results with the Detrusitol this time round.

Love Jan. X

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Hello Hazel, do hope that things are going a bit better for you and John today. Margarita's suggestion of getting extra help sounds good to me. Sounds as if you could use some solid sleep. Do take care. Thinking of you both Love Deborah

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thanks for the support, folks. John seems to be a lot better now he's back on detrusitol. He went to his 'club' and was fine, no accidents. I stayed in all day expecting a phone call, but they said he'd been fine, and they'd taken him for a walk by the river.

Jan, thanks for the suggestions. I don't think a commode would make any difference, we have an en suite bathroom, which is only four paces from his side of the bed. The only problem is, I leave the bathroom light on so that he can see the way, but when he has been up in the night, he invariably switches it off. A well brought up Scot! :D

I've been rationing his evening drinks ever since the problem started. I don't know where all the liquid comes from, he's not dehydrated.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Hazel, Talk about `old habits dying hard`.

When we were on holiday, I left the bathroom light on for Dhiren, so he wouldn`t go out of the hotel room, by mistake, and in the morning it was always switched off.

sue38

Mar 6, 2007
Wigan, Lancs
Hazel,

I'm so glad that despite your worries John had a good day at his club. I hope you find a solution or at least a way to deal with this problem.

Sue xx

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
hazel,could you not try some of those little plug in lights , you use for children , not too bright to disturb your sleep .just enought to illuminate the way.worth a try?

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
boring never sending you love

you are a help to so many me included
they say my huby has fld as well he is inncontinent in the day at times
but most times i can get through the night with him
they have said he can have medication if it becomes too bad but like you say side affects -- thinking of you and sending love bel xx

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Hazel

Sorry no advice, just to let you know I am thinking about you.

Look after yourself. Hope you had 40 winks when John was at his club

Alfjess

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you bel and Alfjess.

John was fine at his club on Friday, and I did nothing all day!:) I'd told them I'd stay at home in case they had to call me -- good excuse to be lazy!

Things are not good at the moment, John still has diarrhoea, and it's not easy trying to clean up a 6'2", 13 stone man in a tiny downstairs cloakroom!

Don't know whether it's a bug, or the result of his change of meds, but it's not funny.:(

Bel, ytou have my sympathy -- it's hard, isn't it?

Alfjess, I've left a post on your thread.

Love,

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Hazel, I wish I had some worthwhile suggestions, but I don't. Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of you.

Love

Jennifer

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Don't know whether it's a bug, or the result of his change of meds, but it's not funny.

Sure not funny, because I remember when it happen to my mother when she was first put on medication for AZ,

Are you taking out all dairy products from his diet, while this is happening to him?

hawaii50

Thinking about you

Hi Skye
You are so kind to regularly post replies on so many threads especially when there is so much going on in your life at the moment. Hope things improve for you. Just wanted you to know you are valued and I am thinking about you.
Elspeth

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Hello Skye - I am just catching up on this thread. So sorry you are still having problems. I do hope things are sorted out soon for you as you will be losing the benefit of a day's rest on Friday. Cannot help really but just sending best wishes and letting you know I am thinking about you.
Jan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Thank you so much, all of you. Now I'm crying, and I haven't before. It's so wonderful that people care.

Love,