Annual report online

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Got to do my mum annual report and wondering if online is easier than the paper version as I done the last three with paper thanks

Delphie

Dec 14, 2011
It's a bit different so there's that initial feeling of wanting to stay with a familiar way of doing things but we'll worth giving it a go.

It's not bad (room for improvement but nothing major) and the system 'remembers' certain parts of each report so once you've done one the next one is quicker because some sections are already filled in.

A major plus is that you can get rid of quite a bit of physical paperwork - bank statements can be downloaded from the bank and uploaded to the report, and finished reports can be downloaded as a pdf and also remain online so very little paper needs to come through your hands. I suppose submitting online also gives us a bit of extra time. You could submit a minute before midnight of whatever deadline date you have and still be in time.

The one thing I don't love is that you have to convert excel and word documents to a different format if you want to upload them, but it's not a major problem.

So give it a go. Sooner or later it's going to become the only option I think.

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
For the first few years I stuck with downloaded documents as I'm a technophobe. I'd photocopy them and send them off and refer to the copies the following year. I feel better having paperwork to flick backwards from and forward to. My filing/admin organisation consists of spreading things out in front of me on the floor. However for the last couple of years I've used the online report system (and it's been fine-tuned since it first became available) and it's so much easier. It's very basic, which is all to the good. I'd definitely recommending registering and reporting online if you can.

theunknown

Apr 17, 2015
Just to add, I've never had to include extra documention, ie bank statements or other types of accounts, so the problem of converting documents from one format to another hasn't applied to me. My report was for deputyship and I don't know whether there are different regulations across parts of the UK (I'm in England). If it had applied I'd probably have stuck to good old paper documents and not submitted online.

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
I get mum money out quarterly only use her money for stuff she needs but finding it harder online than the paper version do I individually put down how much for each item as I used to group all items together asked for a paper form but got a letter saying its done online plus they give you a month less now to complete the form any help would be appreciated got 4 weeks left before final submission

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Ive never had to submit an online report @jelba , so I cant help in that respect, but I wondered whether you could contact the Office of Public Guardians (maybe by phone or email) to ask them for guidance. I have phoned the OPG a few times and although there was sometimes a queue, I always found them very helpful.

jelba

Aug 1, 2012
Huddersfield
Rang up cop asked for a paper form but got letter saying that unless you don't have Internet all reports to be done online but did find a guide online to help