Annoying Visitor for my Dad at the Home

Ladywriter1968

Oct 2, 2009
London UK
thoughts on this anyone

I rang the home just now and took your advices on here. I told the secretary about Del, I said that is not coming from dads allowance is it? she said no! I told her and said how he is taking advantage of the home really but the key worker knows about it, and secretary said, Derek has been dealt with and we are all aware of it and not silly you know.

I thought fine, let him take the **** out of your home then and have all these free meals?

I was just trying to be helpful by informing them. If they are aware of it, then why are they still feeding him then?

Flower_fairy

Jan 22, 2010
Lancashire
I think the best way would be to get hold of someone at your local vulnerable adults team and explain the situation I think they would more than likely put some safeguarding measures in place, if the home had to supervise his visits im sure they would soon stop him coming if it takes up their time!!
He should definately not be allowed to visit if in the past he has stolen from your father. Fair enough he cant do it now but this could be causing your father to be ditressed and worry about him coming. If they were not friends before his dementia set in then it is likely your dad wouold not want him visiting and if the home can clearly see he does not even interact with your Dad when he comes to see him it should be clear he is only going for the free meals!! xx

alisonw

Mar 10, 2009
West Yorkshire
I was wondering if there is some kind of advocacy service in your area, they might get some one to talk to your dad and be able to put forward his views to the powers that be. Try searching IMCA (independent mental capacity advocates)
Good luck,
Alison