Anniversary

Linda G

Oct 23, 2017
Today is our 30th wedding anniversary. I reminded my OH many times and when we went out shopping we went into the card shop and after pointing him in the right area I left him to make his own choice. Don't think he really read the inside words, think he just saw the words 'wife on our anniversary'. How apt are the words inside: "you guide me and advise me like the kindest truest friend and forgive my imperfections when I drive you round the bend". Was this designed for people with dementia or just men in general? It certainly amused me.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Happy anniversary, @Linda G . Maybe you should put your card somewhere safe, to keep for the future ?Anniversaries are one of those things, aren't they? We actually had two anniversaries. Registry office wedding on one date and church wedding several days later! My husband had always insisted on celebrating both. It was very sad when he no longer remembered marrying me. However, I take my cue from my mum! My dad is 17 years dead, and mum still does something to celebrate their anniversary. She said once "our marriage is still something to celebrate, even if one of us isn't here". So I do that now too.

June 1947

Oct 22, 2015
Oh, that’s lovely...your mum celebrating the day. What a good idea.
Last year it was our 45th wedding anniversary. I had a lovely evening at a local restaurant with our eldest daughter and 15 year old grandaughter. I will certainly be doing something similar this March, I think its important to mark the day. I am sure my husband would if it were the other way round.

Rolypoly

Jan 15, 2018
Today is our 30th wedding anniversary. I reminded my OH many times and when we went out shopping we went into the card shop and after pointing him in the right area I left him to make his own choice. Don't think he really read the inside words, think he just saw the words 'wife on our anniversary'. How apt are the words inside: "you guide me and advise me like the kindest truest friend and forgive my imperfections when I drive you round the bend". Was this designed for people with dementia or just men in general? It certainly amused me.

Happy anniversary for yesterday. Love the words in your card :D

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi when it was my birthday I did the same I and showed him where the cards was, on my birthday he gave me my card so please he got one and when I opened it . It said happy birthday mum and he didn't write in the card he wrote it on the envelop but I just said thank you because he was happy he did it x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbonetti