And the ball is rolling

happykb

Nov 17, 2014
Mum came home 3 weeks ago with 24hr 1 to 1 care which she's not happy with or her partner but mum cant be left alone so its the way it has to be as she does not have the capacity to understand. A few problems with care providers , Gp not received detailed letter from hospital. So spent first 2 weeks sorting appointment for gp get nurse to take blood for other health issues mum been fine as she can be then this week every time i visit mums aggressive abusive throwing walking frame about phoned gp waited till today for phone call had to tell gp to check for uti as blood came back ok . Go mums this morning leave sample bottle with partner , go back after getting daughter from school as visit from shrink and physio the were outside as already visit mum . They are going to rearranged appointment so i can be there but there is not much there can do as mum's is not going to improve any more, But they are putting a request for someone to come out urgent to formal diagnosed the type of dementia mum has so that good and i took sample to gp nurse checked and mum got mild infection and blood in there it's being sent to lab, meds should ready tommorrow, least their is a reason for her behaviour as was thinking it was another step down in progression.
Sorry to go on just needed to get it of my chest.

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hi.
You're not going on at all. we all need to get things off our chest occasionally, I've always found TP is a good place for this.
I hope the Anti biotics work quickly and you see a big improvement in Mum soon.

I noticed like so many here, that the slightest infection could cause my mum to be extremely confused and aggressive. or she slept for England.
It often took two courses of Antibiotics to clear the UTI and after a bit of time she mostly returned to her previous self

I hope you don't mind me suggesting this, A week after the ABs have finished, it is a good idea to get another urine sample checked , just to make sure that their is no lingering infection.

Last edited:

happykb

Nov 17, 2014
Will do lin1 thank you, Tp is a real help just reading post makes life a little easier, The help xand advice has helped mee get my head round it all , It was hard watching both grandparents with dementia now it's my mum.

happykb

Nov 17, 2014
So in the early hrs of this morning my oh's granddad passed away peacefully and a girl i knew has her funeral today on a good note mum sound's better today. Life truly is a roller coaster