And so it goes on...

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Unfortunately unless you have the money to pay for help it is an impossible situation. There seem to be charities and organisations who can provide certain types of help but it's such postcode lottery. I found it useful requesting a Carer's Assessment and, although I didn't have the actual assessment in the end, the people I spoke to were very helpful in providing lots of information about organisations and activities in my area. I don't want to impose on Grahamstown's post any further but I'm working on an idea which I'll share with you if anything comes of it.
Looking forward to you ideas. X

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Caring changes us. Changes our values and desires. Sometimes for the better.
Very well said @AliceA. Also it's so lovely that you and your husband enjoyed each others company so much in retirement, many couples can't cope with being together day in day out after retirement!
It's good that you're keeping your mind engaged and the sound vibration therapy sounds very interesting, I must look into that.

AliceA

May 27, 2016
Very well said @AliceA. Also it's so lovely that you and your husband enjoyed each others company so much in retirement, many couples can't cope with being together day in day out after retirement!
It's good that you're keeping your mind engaged and the sound vibration therapy sounds very interesting, I must look into that.
Look at the work of Dr. Lee Bartel.

Mustang66

Nov 27, 2019
Myself & my husband have been in each others company for over 4 years, he was 60 when diagnosed I was 58, at that point he was unable to do any job of work, together everyday, not retirement age yet, I must admit acceptance was so hard