An unusual scavenger hunt

rainsong

Aug 9, 2013
I have to laugh about this. I went to visit MIL, with vascular dementia who lives alone, as hubby or I do every evening to care for her. On the way out the door hubby reminded me to put MIL's bins out as we forgot last week and the bin was full and smelly.

When I arrived at MIL's I discovered the bin up ended in the middle of her front lawn. She has a fixation that the bin won't be collected if it is full. All of the bagged rubbish that had been in the bin was hanging from various trees in her garden.

So I began a scavenger hunt for the rubbish which dripped foul smelling stuff on me as I retrieved all of the small bags from various branches and under the trees. I eventually got all of the rubbish back in and the bin on the curb. I am now back home and cleaned up. I hope the bin stays out long enough to be collected as MIL wasn't happy about it being put out.

I have to laugh. I don't know what passers-by would think of her rubbish decorated garden. LOL

Last edited:

Linbrusco

Mar 4, 2013
Auckland...... New Zealand
Oh my!
I have had a somewhat unpleasant experience lately too, and sorry if this is too much info :eek:
Mum has become incontinent lately, and I had to show how to and where to dispose of her Tena Pads. Never really gave it another thought until it was recycle bin day.
You guessed it all her used Tena pads in the recycle bin.
The rubbish bin and recycle bin are different colours and different sizes, and the recycle bin is further away, so no idea why?
Needless to say I had to rifle through the bin :rolleyes::eek:

I should be glad that shes at least putting them in 'a' bin.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
lol i've never heard of 'rubbish trees', this is what she thinks of this horrible disease. So sorry for you having to rush around to retrieve all the stinkies

mancmum

Feb 6, 2012
Rubbish separation drives me mad

Why is the kitchen scrap bin a different colour from the bin that it ends up in. Why is my allegedly dementia friendly council in fact RUBBISH.

We keep our logs for the fire in a large spare rubbish bin (I turned that the wrong way round so it could not easily be opened).