An introduction

Mel1972

Jun 9, 2010
Scarborough
I would like to introduce myself, and let you all know why i have joined.

I'm Mel , one of 4 daughter of Mick. Dad my diagnosed with Alzheimer's 6 years ago, he was only aged 58. He is now living in an NHS facility 20 miles from home as there is nowhere nearby that can care for his needs. He is unable to do anything for himself, he no longer speaks and rarely gives eye contact. Mum is so strong and continues to do as much caring for him as she can.

Reading this forum helps remind me we are not alone.

And finally, my husband & I completed the Ben Nevis Challenge on 29th May, still getting all the sponsor money in, but we will of raised just over £3000.00

larivy

Apr 19, 2009
essex
hi Mel welcome to TP sorry to hear about your Dad
congratulations on your climb
larivy

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello and welcome Mel

Sorry to hear about your Dad and him being
so far away.

WOW thats a huge achievment.

Last edited:

janice1

Sep 22, 2009
up north
welcome

hi mel, sorry 2 hear about your dad, well done on your climb. the journey of dementia is difficult and heartbreaking, i am on the journey with my lovely mum. warm wishes janice

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
Hi Mel and Welcome, sorry that your family has been touched by this cruel desease, and at such a young age too. My husband Trev now 60 seems to be at a similar stage has your dad, He used to be a clmber and climbed Ben Nevis.s Ice route s every winter, well done for your achiement and raising such a huge ammount, would your mum think of joining us on TP it has been such a wonderfull support to me, take care Pam

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
A warm WELCOME to Talking Point from me too Mel:) You certainly aren't alone and I hope that you will find the site to be supportive and informative:)

That climb really is quite an achievement - well done:)

Love

allylee

Feb 28, 2005
west mids
Hi Mel...what an achievement ...well done you !

Welcome to this wonderful site where you will find the most unselfish and warm people always ready to support you...its been my lifeline for a few years helping me through some dark times.

Im sue youll find it as helpful.

Best wishes
xx

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa